Why become a member? ×

Ashdown LB 30 help

Reggaebass

I recently got myself an Ashdown  lb 30 amp , And I’m loving it, but today after about 2 hours it went slightly quieter and turned itself off ,  I checked the fuse in the plug and that was fine so I left it about an hour , and have just tried it and it’s turned on fine.   Any ideas? 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Might be the power valves , how old are they ?

Not sure how old they are, the previous guy hadn’t used it in 2 years, but since I’ve been using it regularly, it seems to be ok 👌.   I contacted Ashdown and they said if it happens again , I can take the amp to them and  they will take a look 🙂

Edited by Reggaebass

2 minutes ago, Maude said:

Hopefully it'll turn out to be nothing. 

I really would love an LB30 Drophead, I have absolutely no use for one but would love one all the same. 

Thanks Maude , I’ve never tried one but the dropheads do look cool 🙂

21 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

@Quilly thanks for your interest,  when I get time I think I’ll get Ashdown to check it over for me anyway,  I’m really loving the sound of it though 🙂

4D6D317D-A536-44DA-8810-A1B54DD05532.jpeg

I had one a while back and it was a lovely sounding amp. I moved on to the ctm100 

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve been looking at those, how does it compare .

It’s different alright , cleaner , deeper, having a separate gain and volume makes it a lot more versatile. I’ve played it out doors with no problem. You just have that extra bit of headroom. But I do miss the LB-30. I use an old Carslbro 50w guitar valve head at home just because it sounds so good, plenty of low end for small gigs and the overdrive channel gives the best dirty bass sound I’ve ever heard. 

BTW the CTM100 is 19kg which isn’t bad at all, well worth a punt. Also check out handbox 120w amp from Poland 

Edited by Quilly
  • Thanks 1