Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Metro PJ

obbm

56 minutes ago, jay-syncro said:

Oh, anything wrong with your Ric? I bought the 4004 that finished yesterday! 

Cool - you outbid me; I put in a speculative bid even though I don't really need an 8th Ric.

Mine was the one with the Zero-Mod fitted and I've no complaints; I went and collected personally.

Yes I hate to have to leave it as good feedback especially over a large number of transactions is hard won, but the seller does trade instruments and should have seen the issues with the bass I bought. Aside from this, I am still waiting for an echeque to clear for my refund  and the seller also asked me to pay for the return postage ( I quoted ebay policy for defective items and she arranged collection in the end)so it has been a negative experience.

10 hours ago, edstraker123 said:

Yes I hate to have to leave it as good feedback especially over a large number of transactions is hard won, but the seller does trade instruments and should have seen the issues with the bass I bought. Aside from this, I am still waiting for an echeque to clear for my refund  and the seller also asked me to pay for the return postage ( I quoted ebay policy for defective items and she arranged collection in the end)so it has been a negative experience.

You have to tell it like your experience.

The rules are that the seller pays return postage, which is a bit of a ballbreaker if the item is mis-described. I once complained to ebay about that and they covered my postage as a gesture...

In my case, it was as described and I collected (I sometimes let my purchases plan my day out for me), so I knew what I was getting.

It seems to depend a bit on your ebay feedback count; I bought a couple of items last year that were not as described, the vendors both tried to pull the you pay return postage card to try and force me to keep the items as the postage was significant compared to cost of items; I complained to Ebay got them to call me and explained the issues and Ebay issued me the return labels and doubtless recharged them to the vendors - I don't think you should have to pay to return items that are not as described. My Ebay feedback is over 1300 positives as I buy stuff for the business on there all the time as I live rural, if I need some bearing fit then no point in driving 20 miles to go and get it when the postman drives the 20 miles to come here every day. I also managed to get negative feedback I had left for one sale that was reneged on, that the overseas vendor managed to get removed, reinstated as Ebay had to accept that what I had written was accurate, truthful and polite, as they had the communications between me and the vendor and I had originally flagged up the issue within an hour of the sale to Ebay themselves hoping that would help to ensure the vendor honoured the sale. They couldn't explain why the feedback was removed and it was reinstated. But since then they have changed the website so many times that complaining in any meaningful way or navigating to the point where you can actually contact Ebay has got way harder; like with Parcel2go the only way to talk to them is webchat and you have to be online to do it and it is slow and tedious, you can't just email them with the problem and await their response.

• 2 weeks later...

After nearly a fortnight the refund finally went back to my credit card.

I left the seller a factual negative :

Bass arrived unplayable and wasn't as described.Seller did refund me by echeque

to which she replied :

Grief and the wrong conclusions! Bass verified genuine by maker & setup €50 cost

Should I contest the feedback as the grief was actually mine or just let it rest?

1 hour ago, edstraker123 said:

After nearly a fortnight the refund finally went back to my credit card.

I left the seller a factual negative :

Bass arrived unplayable and wasn't as described.Seller did refund me by echeque

to which she replied :

Grief and the wrong conclusions! Bass verified genuine by maker & setup €50 cost

Should I contest the feedback as the grief was actually mine or just let it rest?

No point contesting feedback as fleabay won't get involved. I've had a couple problems with sellers and they don't even reply to messages.