Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

Just now, LukeFRC said:

yes - you just click on them and can trial them. 

So i have to have the laptop setup usb to tue cy and my bass plugged in through the board and i can justxtest patches without downloading them to the pedal?

1 hour ago, lidl e said:

So i have to have the laptop setup usb to tue cy and my bass plugged in through the board and i can justxtest patches without downloading them to the pedal?

Yes, just make sure to check the input level on each preset after you’ve clicked on it before plucking a note or you might deafen yourself. Input levels vary vastly depending on who programmed the sound. (I have been asking SA for a global override that sets every preset to whatever your desired level is but C4 code space is exhausted. Hopefully it’ll make it into an eventual next version of it.)

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Or phone via the cable that goes into input two works too.

agree about the volume levels - set a compressor to limiter mode after it! 

• Like 1

Just now, LukeFRC said:

Yes

I literally need it. 

People are so smart

I'd think it would need to click instead of smooth scroll so it doesnt accidentally get nudged

33 minutes ago, lidl e said:

I literally need it. 

People are so smart

I'd think it would need to click instead of smooth scroll so it doesnt accidentally get nudged

detected encoder...  I want to work out how to do this kinda of magic

37 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Possibly https://github.com/thierryd25/Source-Audio-C4-Synth-Preset-Browse although the best bet would be to message the originator of the Youtube video and find out about schematic and program.

It's this I found - which the a guy in Ireland who made the video -  ... https://github.com/MichaelMCE/TeensyC4Synth 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After owning this pedal for a little while now, I finally used it successfully at a gig last night.

Up until now I'd been hamstrung by not understanding the editor and so relying on patches made by others which I then couldn't tweak to suit my needs 

So what changed? I found this video . It completely demystified so much of the editor that I was able to build and modify a series of patches, all of which I employed yesterday to great effect. 

I hope some other befuddled Basschatter finds it useful 

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

After owning this pedal for a little while now, I finally used it successfully at a gig last night.

Up until now I'd been hamstrung by not understanding the editor and so relying on patches made by others which I then couldn't tweak to suit my needs 

So what changed? I found this video . It completely demystified so much of the editor that I was able to build and modify a series of patches, all of which I employed yesterday to great effect. 

I hope some other befuddled Basschatter finds it useful 

That guy is the best demo-er

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2023 at 07:36, lidl e said:

Ive got it mostly sorted. There are some really amazing presets.

Im not mad about how the dmc micro turns on/off the C4 by holding down the left button. Then if i turn off and change presets, it turns the C4 back on. Im sure there is a fix for that

So i finally took a deep dive and decided to sort out all my issues.

I emailed disaster area and he explained to me what i was doing wrong. I figured out different device modes and how the preset mode can be set to change patches without turning on the C4.

I also finally figured iut how to control both the C4 and the plethora using the dmc micro. I can now set scenes and isntantly call up boards on the plethora and patches on the C4 simultaneously and have them engaged or disengaged. Very pleased with that. I knew it could be done, just a matter of finding out how.

This is my first step into using midi to control my boards. It was much easier to setup than i imagined. 

Next up is deep dive into C4 patch editor. I finally soent some time going through it and it seems to make sense.

At least the top half of the screen. The bottom half controls are a bit mysterious still!

• Like 1