Why become a member? ×

Wizard Pups

Mr Fudge

Thoughts please. I like the idea they are a British company as well.
I am stupid and would require all the pots and jack. Could some one please advise me if a Fender P wiring kit [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130271270541"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=130271270541[/url] would supply everything else needed, or whether I shoild be looking for something else. I have never done anything like this before and Im from West Bromwich.

Cheers.

You're from West Bromwich ?! Oh dear. I've just moved to Great Barr actually and did notice my IQ drop a bit :).

You shouldn't need any new pots or jack unless your current ones are shot. Just a case of soldering the wires in the same places as you unsolder them..

I wouldn't order a wiring kit. I'd just order what's in em from allparts.

I bought a wiring kit from ebay - you get short changed with the length of wire. And one of the pots was dodgy. Probably a second.

Also - there are better caps out there than orange drops. Esp if your going for a vintage pickup - maybe an oil/paper cap would be more in keeping...

If you don't think you can do it yourself then the best bet would be to get it down to Trevor at PMT Birmingham. He rewired my Dad's Hohner Precision for £15. Probably take cost more for yours if pots etc needed but give him a ring and see: 0121 359 5056.

[quote name='Machines' post='344037' date='Dec 3 2008, 01:17 PM']If you don't think you can do it yourself then the best bet would be to get it down to Trevor at PMT Birmingham. He rewired my Dad's Hohner Precision for £15. Probably take cost more for yours if pots etc needed but give him a ring and see: 0121 359 5056.[/quote]

Yes Trev is a good bloke! Thought I might try and do one on my own. He is definately plan B though!

[quote name='KevB' post='344043' date='Dec 3 2008, 01:23 PM']I have no experience of the pickups but just thought I'd jump on the west bromich bandwagon and mention I've played a gig at The Stone Cross. In fact we are booked in to play again next year, if we have a band together that can cover it![/quote]

That pub is practically my local, not that I ever go in it though. We try not to play in West Brom at any cost and have been reasonably successful in recent years.

[quote name='Machines' post='344037' date='Dec 3 2008, 01:17 PM']If you don't think you can do it yourself then the best bet would be to get it down to Trevor at PMT Birmingham. He rewired my Dad's Hohner Precision for £15. Probably take cost more for yours if pots etc needed but give him a ring and see: 0121 359 5056.[/quote]

You mean MY Hohner Precision.

:)

How's that working out anyway?

Paul.