Why become a member? ×

Unwanted Attention at Gigs

HeavyJay

I've only been gigging with the 50s and 60s covers band that I'm in since April but a number of times now I've been approached by men assuming that I'm gay.

Last Sunday it was a large Glaswegian man who "sometimes goes both ways". Luckily I was saved by my wife popping in as he was being a little persistant.

Another memorable one was a young naive looking chap who got his mate to ask me out between sets, I politely declined, gesturing at the prominant wedding ring on my fretting hand (not sure how he didn't notice it as he was sat about 3 feet away from where I was playing ) and spent the following set feeling very uncomfortable as the naive young chap stared unflinchingly at me throughout.

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='342761' date='Dec 2 2008, 10:47 AM']With hindsight, the leather cap, bumless chaps and large mustache were a mistake! :)[/quote]

HeavyJay - you gotta post a pic mate! I never get this. Maybe I play the wrong venues, maybe I don't look of that persuasion, or maybe I'm just an ugly f***er!

ive had those times too that ppl thought i was gay (not in gigs though)...

i kinda do look a bit feminine...

here's an old pic of mine where i looked like some gay anime character... either that, or james iha *lol*

[attachment=16738:10803882623571l.jpg]

[quote name='IncX' post='342780' date='Dec 2 2008, 11:02 AM']ive had those times too that ppl thought i was gay (not in gigs though)...

here's an old pic of mine where i looked like some gay anime character... either that, or james iha *lol*

[attachment=16738:10803882623571l.jpg][/quote]

PHWOAR!!

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='342767' date='Dec 2 2008, 10:53 AM']HeavyJay - you gotta post a pic mate! I never get this. Maybe I play the wrong venues, maybe I don't look of that persuasion, or maybe I'm just an ugly f***er![/quote]

:) :huh: :huh: :huh:

[url="http://www.josephrgannascoli.com/images/CAREER/sopranos/ep0605/snapshot20060417201938.jpg"]Me at a gig[/url]

I couldn't resist, Sorry!

[quote name='IncX' post='342780' date='Dec 2 2008, 11:02 AM']ive had those times too that ppl thought i was gay (not in gigs though)...

[attachment=16738:10803882623571l.jpg][/quote]

Before i scrolled down and read the rest of the post i thought that WAS James Iha! Don't own a dog called Bug do you?