Why become a member? ×

Fender American Performer Mustang Bass

NJE

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:38, NJE said:

If they were feeling super innovative they could have tried a mustang with modern tweaks like truss rod wheel adjustment, super light tuners, roasted neck cool colours, but would they have then got criticised for deviating too much from the classic formula?

All I know is I want a PJ Mustang or a JMJ but this offering is not for me.

Agree on this NJE, I'd love to have the facility to adjust the rod on my MIJ mustang without having to take the bloody neck off.  And I'm sure a set of lightweight tuners would improve the neck balance - Ironic that my MII Mikey Way Mustang has got much better balance than the significantly more expensive MIJ reissue.

Edited by martthebass

Incase Fender are watching, yes, fail on that Mustang Jazz Pickup. Either don’t use one at all with the classic split cool shape (the newer P/J’s are fine), or do something cool like the lipstick p’up arrangement on the last page. This new layout looks lazy!

Si

• Like 1

On 27/11/2018 at 20:20, totorbass said:

181127091854823307.png

A white or chrome cover, a lipstick or bronco type PU would have been nicer IMO.

This with Lollipop tuners and you’d have an outright winner!

Edit: On further inspection I just noticed the jack is on the edge of the body. Switch that back to the control plate and I’d be happy! 😂

Edited by skej21

5 hours ago, skej21 said:

This with Lollipop tuners and you’d have an outright winner!

Edit: On further inspection I just noticed the jack is on the edge of the body. Switch that back to the control plate and I’d be happy! 😂

I want the jack on the control plate too, then it could only have 2 knobs. Wait, it could have 2 stacked pots with tone and volume for each pickup- add $100 !