azumi

Mike Lull NRT5 Custom. Non reverse Thunderbird
£2700

Got this recently, but unfortunately I need to raise fund - so this awesome bass is now for sale.

Like new Mike Lull non -reverse thunderbird NRT5 custom.  A piece of art, pure vintage sound.  Very lightweight under 4kg.  Custom 34" scale.  With original hard case. 

In terms of ergonomics, the Thunderbird is similar to other Lull - it feels nicely balance and the design and workmanship are superb.

In terms of tone, the pickups give you that awesome and iconic Thunderbird sound. In don't have my own soundclips but the reverse Thunderbird uses the same pickups as Lull's other Thunderbird basses:

Of course the Mike Lull made the bass to sound as close to the original Gibson Thunderbird ...

...but without the neck dive which the original Thunderbirds are known to have. You can read more about the non-reversed Thunderbirds on the link below:

http://mikelull.com/site/instruments/basses/bass-NRT4_NRT5.html

I'm  based in London.

20181024_121741.thumb.jpg.132558ca5c1e8b1265834e167c92eac5.jpg

20181024_121857.thumb.jpg.bd5da32e31eabbcdc3ec6b5ef9c9b4df.jpg

20181024_121906.thumb.jpg.5a3c534f1e2010a08cf07e71fcaf50f7.jpg

20181024_122115.thumb.jpg.4e0f0efe7f8b1463e1643765a25db761.jpg

20190301_130350.thumb.jpg.8869ab146647f1f5b444c70115831000.jpg

20190301_130357.thumb.jpg.9d8f05bb1a3194caf9b4376a65c5523a.jpg

Edited by azumi
  • Like 5

POW! BAM! KAZOW! have a bump for a beaut of a bass GLWTS

On 26/01/2019 at 14:58, p4ul said:

POW! BAM! KAZOW! have a bump for a beaut of a bass GLWTS

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Bassislife16 said:

Is the neck of this reinforced?

@Bassislife16 Yes the neck is graphite reinforced

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arnoldoc
      Hi,
      Selling my 2017 Fender Pino Palladino Custom Shop bass. This is the best modern Precision bass I've tried (I have tried a couple before but none were as resonant and responsive as this one). Plays beautifully with a straight neck and low action if desired. Fretwork is perfect. This is in mint condition (it has been relic'ed from new). It's been used with flat wounds only so the fretwork is as new too.  Nice, straight neck. Comes with the original vintage tweed case and all the goodies.
      Weight: 3.65 kg / 8 lbs
      £3195 / 3450 EUR
      The Fender Custom Shop has meticulously reproduced Pino's '62 Precision Bass in all its glory, complete with a lightweight alder body, C-shape, quartersawn maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, custom-wound pickup, tortoise shell pickguard, and flatwound strings. The Fender Custom Shop Pino Palladino Precision Bass. 
      Specs are as follows:
      Select lightweight alder body, relic'd Fiesta Red nitrocellulose lacquer finish C-shape, quartersawn straight-grain maple neck with nitrocellulose lacquer finish Rosewood fingerboard with 7.25" radius and 20 vintage-style frets and dot inlays Vintage-style split single-coil Precision Bass pickup Master Volume, Master Tone controls 4-saddle American Vintage Bass bridge Aged nickel/chrome hardware Aged 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard Knurled flat-top control knobs Vintage-style slotted truss rod nut Vintage Tweed hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity included  
      Would prefer collection but happy to ship within the EU.  Here's my feedback thread: 

• By Gamble
      Hiya
      Rather sadly I'm just not playing my Warwick basses anymore so I think it's time they found a new home, so here's my 2003 Custom Thumb NT 5. 
      I bought this bass nearly new quite a few years ago now, it's spent more of that time tucked away in it's case than it should have so it's still looking pretty good - there's a handful of tiny dings here and there, I can try and get pics if you want but most of them aren't noticeable unless you're looking for them (if you see what I mean). 
      Custom options wise it's an ovangkol body with an ebony fretboard and a 3 band eq, I had the Dunlop recessed straplocks fitted by the Bass Centre in London where I bought it (if anyone knows Jimmy who used to work there it was him who commissioned the build and sold it to me). Comes with a very solid Warwick flight case and truss rod tool, and of course the straplocks to go with the recessed buttons. 
      Apart from that it's a Warwick Thumb Bass, pretty distinctive sound and looks, what else do you need to know? 
      Seriously though, don't be shy with any questions or corrections if you know Warwick basses better then me, I'm asking £1800 (was £2000) but as you'd expect the price is negotiable. 
      I'll consider trades plus cash either way, I'd be interested in;
      Exotic woods/finishes/body shapes on basses, Warwicks with the pre '00s neck profile, Status, Dingwall, something unusual - 5 stringers only. Darkglass heads, barefaced cabs. 
      Cheers! 

• By Acebassmusic
      Up for sale or trade is my stunning Shuker Single Cut built in Jan 2014. I traded my Conklin Custom for this bass in 2016 with LukeCapon off here. Jon Shuker makes some very high quality basses and this is no exception on the design, fit and finish. A new one of these would set you back around £3k. It is in excellent condition with only minor marks / swirls from playing and comes with a hard case.
      I'm open to partial / full trades. Let’s see what ya' got.
      Alder body with buckeye facings and black veneer between top and body 34" scale currently tuned B to G Angled headstock with buckeye veneer - front and rear Gotoh tuners 7 piece maple / black veneer laminated set neck. 20.5mm deep at 1st fret, 22.5 at 12th, shallow 'C' section Two way truss rod with carbon fibre reinforcement Rosewood fretboard with 26 medium frets and 45mm brass nut Mother of pearl face and side dots Nordstrand Big Split pickups Shuker 3 band preamp: treble, mid cut / boost and mid freq stack, bass, pan, vol (pull passive) Schaller 2000 bridge, set at 18mm string spacing (can adjust from 17 to 19mm) Weight 8.6lbs / 3.9kg  

• By TomRandles97
      For sale is my Gould stormbird. 
      There's a couple of dings here and there but good condition otherwise, working as it should. 
      I'm only selling as I need funds to cover  an unexpected bill and a repair on a broken headstock. 
      Based in Leeds, collection preferred.
      Any questions just ask