azumi

Mike Lull NRT5 Custom. Non reverse Thunderbird
£2700

Got this recently, but unfortunately I need to raise fund - so this awesome bass is now for sale.

Like new Mike Lull non -reverse thunderbird NRT5 custom.  A piece of art, pure vintage sound.  Very lightweight under 4kg.  Custom 34" scale.  With original hard case. 

In terms of ergonomics, the Thunderbird is similar to other Lull - it feels nicely balance and the design and workmanship are superb.

In terms of tone, the pickups give you that awesome and iconic Thunderbird sound. In don't have my own soundclips but the reverse Thunderbird uses the same pickups as Lull's other Thunderbird basses:

Of course the Mike Lull made the bass to sound as close to the original Gibson Thunderbird ...

...but without the neck dive which the original Thunderbirds are known to have. You can read more about the non-reversed Thunderbirds on the link below:

http://mikelull.com/site/instruments/basses/bass-NRT4_NRT5.html

I'm  based in London.

20181024_121741.thumb.jpg.132558ca5c1e8b1265834e167c92eac5.jpg

20181024_121857.thumb.jpg.bd5da32e31eabbcdc3ec6b5ef9c9b4df.jpg

20181024_121906.thumb.jpg.5a3c534f1e2010a08cf07e71fcaf50f7.jpg

20181024_122115.thumb.jpg.4e0f0efe7f8b1463e1643765a25db761.jpg

20190301_130350.thumb.jpg.8869ab146647f1f5b444c70115831000.jpg

20190301_130357.thumb.jpg.9d8f05bb1a3194caf9b4376a65c5523a.jpg

Edited by azumi
  • Like 5

POW! BAM! KAZOW! have a bump for a beaut of a bass GLWTS

On 26/01/2019 at 14:58, p4ul said:

POW! BAM! KAZOW! have a bump for a beaut of a bass GLWTS

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Bassislife16 said:

Is the neck of this reinforced?

@Bassislife16 Yes the neck is graphite reinforced

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Acebassmusic
      Up for sale or trade is my stunning Shuker Single Cut built in Jan 2014. I traded my Conklin Custom for this bass in 2016 with LukeCapon off here. Jon Shuker makes some very high quality basses and this is no exception on the design, fit and finish. A new one of these would set you back around £3k. It is in excellent condition with only minor marks / swirls from playing and comes with a hard case.
      I'm open to partial / full trades. Let’s see what ya' got.
      Alder body with buckeye facings and black veneer between top and body 34" scale currently tuned B to G Angled headstock with buckeye veneer - front and rear Gotoh tuners 7 piece maple / black veneer laminated set neck. 20.5mm deep at 1st fret, 22.5 at 12th, shallow 'C' section Two way truss rod with carbon fibre reinforcement Rosewood fretboard with 26 medium frets and 45mm brass nut Mother of pearl face and side dots Nordstrand Big Split pickups Shuker 3 band preamp: treble, mid cut / boost and mid freq stack, bass, pan, vol (pull passive) Schaller 2000 bridge, set at 18mm string spacing (can adjust from 17 to 19mm) Weight 8.6lbs / 3.9kg  

• By Bobby D
      Cataldo Fenderbird in white nitro. Comes with hardcase. Chunky P bass neck. Great condition with 1 or 2 marks. Hipshot tuners. Zero neck dive.

• By rockdog
      I bought this last year from Goldbass via The Gallery. I really hoped my fat little fingers would get on with the beautifully shallow neck profile but sadly I am not getting the best from it.
      Martin dates it at early 2000's and it is in amazing condition for a 15+ year old bass. One very small dent on the bottom of the front face - photo attached. Other than that it is immaculate.
      Incredible build quality. Martin and John have an enviable ( and justified ) reputation and this one is a beaut.
      Specs:
      Madrone Burl front and back, and matching peghead. 
      Ash wings
      Flame maple / Wenge 7 piece neck
      Ebony board lined with Mahogany ( very subtle ), blue LED's on the fret lines
      Bartolini MM pup with series / parallel switch
      ABM piezo bridge with piezo preamp ( internal controls ) to balance output with mag pup - set and forget.
      Schack 18v preamp with internal dips for BMT centres / boost, volume and blend. Tone controls work on both mag and piezo.
      Gotoh tuners, dunlop strap locks. Strung with Daddario chromes.
      Weight on my scales just over 8lbs
      Hiscox hard case.
      Let me know if you need any more info.
      Would trade for a Rob Allen 4 string fretless or other quality 4 string fretless - Sei, GB, Shuker, ACG, Sadowsky, Lull etc
      Thanks for looking.

• By StormyLukeJ
      Musicman Sterling Bass With Status Graphite Neck. Condition is Very good, however any marks photographed.

Delano pickups and pre-amp allowing for some excellent sound shaping.
      Switch for changing between passive and active
      Status graphite neck, chip on first fret cannot feel when playing and a few small marks on headstock 
      Sterling by Musicman body with custom paint job. Bridge and neckplate also Indonesian made.
      Has just been professionally set up and new Elixir strings strung. 
      Comes with official musicman sterling case
      Plays well and sounds great however I prefer 4 string basses!
      Open to offers and trades with cash either way! Must have 4 strings though!

fond of Jazz basses, Warwick Thumbs and Status basses

• By CalDeep
      Up is my beloved Fender P. 
        This began life as a 75' when I bought it, the neck had been very badly defretted and sprayed with cheap paint. I had the body professionally resprayed and aged by Mike Smith (Former master builder for Fret King). The neck is warmoth custom order to the 51' Tele bass specs (Its a chunky beast). Hipshot reverse tuners and Gotoh bridge. Bone nut. The P pickup is original and the MM is a Duncan Basslines, configuration is a stacked knob jazz style. I have had it set up EADG and BEAD and it performed equally well in both. It has been toured and recorded a lot and has been regularly serviced and set up by my guitar tech.     THIS IS A PLAYERS BASS.    If you are the kind of person that likes something a bit different that plays and sounds great, this is for you. It is by no means for the collectors out there who want a pretty wall ornament. I have put a lot of time and money into getting it to this stage, I have 2 other Ps that are all original and need to fund some studio gear, so its regrettably the obvious choice to go. The neck alone cost just shy of £500 new.    If you think it could be for you, I am more than happy to accommodate a viewing and a play. I am based in Liverpool but can possibly travel to meet.    I would prefer collection or for me to drop within a reasonable distance, but I am happy to ship if needs be.      Any questions at all, please get in touch.    Cal