Why become a member? ×

"Fender" P, "Orginal Countour Body" .. hummmm

OldGit

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-ORIGINAL-CONTOUR-BODY-BARGAIN_W0QQitemZ270310779196QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item270310779196&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]Not A Fender really[/url]

Hummmmm something not quite right..
"Original Countour Body transfer - that's a Jazz bass feature isn't it?
Headstock slightly wrong shape?
String tree wrong?
One piece scratch plate?

Edited by OldGit

Hmmm...dunno, the neck at the body end does have the serial number in the right place for a MIJ...'FENDER PRECISION BASS ORIGINAL CONTOUR BODY - BARGAIN'
is what he says...he doesn't actually say it's a jazz...benefit of the doubt and all that i'd say that he mentions the contour body to differentiate it from a slab body P?

I'll stick me neck out here and say genuine.

96/97 mij according to the serial number.

Edited by thebeat

[quote name='thebeat' post='341469' date='Nov 30 2008, 10:18 PM']Hmmm...dunno, the neck at the body end does have the serial number in the right place for a MIJ...'FENDER PRECISION BASS ORIGINAL CONTOUR BODY - BARGAIN'
is what he says...he doesn't actually say it's a jazz...benefit of the doubt and all that i'd say that he mentions the contour body to differentiate it from a slab body P?

I'll stick me neck out here and say genuine.

96/97 mij according to the serial number.[/quote]

Countour stickers only appear on Jazz basses AFAIK

[quote name='thebeat' post='341505' date='Nov 30 2008, 10:44 PM']Is that what it says at the end of the headstock?...you have better eyesight than me and i stand corrected :)[/quote]

ha ha...
I assume so. It looks like it, has never appeared on any P bass I've seen and, well, that's what he's quoting in the title ......

[quote name='Musky' post='341918' date='Dec 1 2008, 02:06 PM']And I've never seen a sunburst Fender with the forearm and rear cutaways sprayed in black like that. Cheapo plywood planks turn up painted like that all the time though...[/quote]

looks like plywood to me too ...