Why become a member? ×

Sold: 1978 Yamaha BB1000 with OHSC
£550

PawelG

Hello, this is a lovely example of the old Japanese Yamaha BB1000. The condition for its age (40 years now!) is unbelievable. Only few superficial marks here and there, visible on close inspection. I’ve always wanted one and when this became available - I bought it instantly. The seller was the first owner, purchased from a shop in 1980 or something like that. So, I’m the second owner.

This bass is gorgeous, looks fantastic and plays really well. The fretboard is flater than normal vintage Fender P. And frets are a bit thicker. Very “woody” sound. Whether with flats or rounds - it sounds like a super P Bass. Pickups are really hot, but silent when not played, which I really like. Weight is around 4.2kg I think (I don’t have a digital scale), we’ll balanced and doesn’t feel heavy on the shoulder.

Comes with original hard case and all the goodies like a leaflet, strap and all the tools you need to tweak the bass. Also included a really old set of LaBella round wound strings, useless but I think it’s cool.

Here are some pictures for you...

Edited by PawelG
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Obviously not, if you keep unearthing basses like this one! 😊

I admit this was a great find. If I was a collector, this wouldn't be going anywhere.

Unfortunately, I'm just a simple (GAS fueled) man...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, discreet said:

Lovely. I think McCartney used one in the late 70s for a while. Or maybe it was the BB1000S. The epitome of a P Bass, if you're not fussed about the F-word.

Totally agree.

Thank you for commenting on my bass. 2.288 watts. It's an honor Sir 🙂 I'll give you another one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PawelG said:

Thank you for commenting on my bass. 2.288 watts. It's an honor Sir 🙂 I'll give you another one.

Youre welcome, thanks. :D If I didn't have to pay bills this month I'd be driving down the A3 right now, with my tongue hanging out.

And another thing! For a bass of this vintage, quality, tone and playability - and with its original hard case - £550 is an absolute steal. Vintage Jap basses are set to rise in value dramatically, so get in. This would be nestling in my bosom already, were it not for the usual reason.

Edited by discreet
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, discreet said:

And another thing! For a bass of this vintage, quality, tone and playability - and with its original hard case - £550 is an absolute steal. Vintage Jap basses are set to rise in value dramatically, so get in. This would be nestling in my bosom already, were it not for the usual reason.

I didn’t know exactly how to price this as it vary a lot online. I thought £550 is reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, discreet said:

I think it's very reasonable. I'm racking my brains and wondering which family member I can sell to buy it...

Good luck with that.

Just for the record, not interested in this kind of trades...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2