Why become a member? ×

If you had to build a rig from scratch

rOB

Amp wise, for me it's a no brainer - another Markbass Multiamp, with the midi pedal. I've got all the presets backup up, so I'd just stick em on an SD card, load em up and all my sounds and presets would be exactly as they were within minutes of getting the head. I'd probably stick with Markbass Traveler cabs as well, partly for the weight and sound, but also cos they match the head :) Sad but true.

For basess, I would probably try something else just to try something else. I've got a Maruszczyk Jake and an Elwood, so maybe Sandberg or similar, or maybe I'd try a "proper" P and a J.

Pretty much like for like replacement for me:  Aguilar AG700 amp, Bergantino 410 cab.  I'd replace my Stingray's (Special and Classic) but would consider upgrading my Status S2 Classic to an S3.

Edited by gazhowe

I'd replace like for like as best as I could. The Markbass Jeff Berlin combo and Cort Rithimic Jeff Berlin bass would be the absolute essentials and I consider the Pedulla Pentabuzz to be the best fretless around so that would also be replaced. 

The biggest headache would be replacing my 1994 SKC Bogart Blackstone like for like. They're fairly rare so another Bogart may be tough to track down to fill that position (my preference being five string, Bartolini soapbars). A Status is a bit different but I always like to have one graphite necked bass for the benefits they provide. A Modulus Quantum, despite being a more conventional design, shares a lot of tonal similarity with the Bogart so that may suffice as a replacement. 

Since posing this question I've been giving it quite a lot of thought and I think the main change would be less focus on amp and cab. I'm always DI'd in the current band and it is often convenient to share amps.

I'd want to replace the Schecter C4 as close possible given that I don't think they're made anymore. The Omen-extreme-4 looks to be quite similar.

A preamp pedal with a switchable drive channel - something along the lines of GK plex, ehx battalion or Hartke bass attack 2

Then into a light combo (maybe bypassing the preamp stage), ideally a wedge/kickback shape for monitoring on small stages. The new Ashdown ORIGINal 1x12 might well fit the bill.

Edited by rOB

Hmmmm ... tough decisions. 

I'd be mortified (as would we all) if my gear got nicked.... but I’d replace the RH750 with a bergantino BAmp and my cn212 with an HDN212 or another Cn212. 

Bass is a tough call, my Shuker is fantastic, but as I’m now having a change of amp then I’d seize the opportunity get a Status S2, headed. 

and....to whoever was light fingered enough to get away with all my gear could they also take the turbosound m15’s so I could upgrade the PA speakers to RCFs. 😂