Why become a member? ×

Ovation magnum 3 in Bolton

That's pretty much identical to mine, which I bought recently for significantly less than £999!

I'm aware of two more of these for sale in the Home Counties right now, both of them listed at £1200. One has been listed for a couple of months now, and the other for nearly a year ...

These are staggeringly good basses, though. If you're near Bolton you could do worse than pop in and make an offer.

On 12/08/2018 at 17:22, Happy Jack said:

That's pretty much identical to mine, which I bought recently for significantly less than £999!

I'm aware of two more of these for sale in the Home Counties right now, both of them listed at £1200. One has been listed for a couple of months now, and the other for nearly a year ...

These are staggeringly good basses, though. If you're near Bolton you could do worse than pop in and make an offer.

You could also pop over the road and have a pint in the Man and Scythe , which is one of the oldest and best pubs in the North West.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

My faith is restored. 

I find the pictured item to look like a badly sanded down sideboard with metalwork from an old Kenwood mixer. 

Phew. No gas with this one!

The first Magnum does have a charm...I find the III is lacking whatsoever in any charm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I have the advantage of having owned a Mk111 i can say it's not lacking in charm. Then again, charm is personal and one man's charm is another man's cow pat.

My wife thinks I’m charming - everyone else thinks I’m a c*nt.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I have the advantage of having owned a Mk111 i can say it's not lacking in charm. Then again, charm is personal and one man's charm is another man's cow pat.

As an aside - I find the appearance of the original charming. I think the 3 looks like they decided it’d sell better if it was more conventional in appearance (and weight as a guess) 

6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

As an aside - I find the appearance of the original charming. I think the 3 looks like they decided it’d sell better if it was more conventional in appearance (and weight as a guess) 

Yes, i can see that. Maybe ' wacky ' was not as popular at the time, and so the Mk3 and 4 were conventional in shape

• Like 1