Left leaderboard
ateyercheese

SOLD - Dean Pace 5-string Electric Upright Bass
£250

Sold, sold, sold

This funky looking 5-string is a great entry to electric upright basses. I've used it for practise, some recording and live work (with a prog band!).

It's an unlined 35 inch scale, 18v active bass strung with a low B. The guitar and stand hardware all packs down in to the case (included) for safe and easy transport.

I'm clearing out the paddock a bit and this just doesn't get the use any more, so perhaps someone else can enjoy it and take a leap into EUBs.

I'd prefer pick up and I'll travel a reasonable distance from Sheffield or Nottingham to close a deal. I could box it up for a courier if need be, at the buyers expense.

Here's what the internet says;

• Solid Maple Neck-Thru Construction
  • Classic Slotted Headstock Design
  • 6'' Radius Rosewood Fingerboard
  • Piezo Bridge
  • 35'' Scale Length

Position markers on the side help you keep track of where you are on the neck as you transfer your hard-won chops to the moaning, liberating sound of a fretless upright. Solid maple neck-through construction with slotted headstock, standard 35" scale, and traditional 6"- radius Pau Ferro fingerboard. Piezo bridge with buffer preamp lets you plug right into a standard bass amp. Double-braced tripod stand and black chrome hardware make the Dean Pace Bass easy to manage and very cool looking.

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

fullsizeoutput_20a7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2aff.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_20aa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2b08.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2aeb.jpeg

Edited by ateyercheese
Sold

Great price. I used to have a 4 string version of this in natural which I strung with TI JF344 flats. It was great fun to play. I recorded half an album with it and I wish I could get the same chunky mwaaah tone on my NS-Design CR5M.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zoy
      MIM Deluxe Series, active, 5 string, fretless bass.
      I am very sad to sell this absolute beauty. Plays like a dream, lovely neck and low action. Sounds the business. Has been professionally defretted and job done to a very high standard. In great condition, other than a hard to see crack in paint that runs around the body, have tried to capture in pictures.
      It is basically my ideal fretless, but sadly selling because I have compressed nerve problems in my shoulders, so can only go for very light basses nowadays, it's too heavy for me.
      That said I would consider trades or part trades for a lighter fretless, probably 4 string (due to lighter weight), so possibly a lighter 4 string Fender fretless, or I am quite interested in fretless Ibanez for example SRF700, other ideas considered

• By Wilco
      10/12/19 - Price now £800
      Bought this off @bubinga5 here nearly three years ago. Lovely Bass & has been a joy to own.
      Has a Delano 2 band pre amp installed
      I changed the pickups to Delano JMVC 5 FE’s purchased new from Bass Direct (£200)
      Usual trademark extremely playable Maruszczyk neck
      The pickguard is a perfectly fitting SiMs Custom Shop replacement (the original was too scuffed for me)
      Has the latest version Schaller strap locks fitted
       Comes with a Maruszczyk burgundy leather strap
      Also comes with a Maruszczyk GBBS case (€90 when new) which is a tough, reinforced ‘soft’ case.
      No postage - either collection from Swindon or meet up somewhere up to a couple of hours away (which would actually cover a good area from midlands to south/south west). 
      One trade option - Ibanez SR Premium 5 string (with Nords or Aguilars & inc official Ibby SR case)

• By BenTunnicliffe
      UPDATE: I'm now willing to send to mainland UK if fully insured and if you would allow me time to find a box big enough to house the bass & its hardcase. Some people already kindly asked in PMs if this was a possibility so I'll be giving those people first refusal out of courtesy.
      ALSO UPDATE: I plugged the bass in a day or two ago and the jack output is a tiny bit loose but makes a fantastic, full output connection 99% of the time. I'll have a look at it and see what the deal is.
      ------
      Hi everyone, selling my Overwater Perception Pro Deluxe Custom 5 String with its Overwater/Hiscox Case.

Manufactured 2007 Purchased by me in December 2010 5 String 24 Frets 35" Scale 9V Active 4.6kg (bass on its own) Volume, Pickup Pan, Bass, Mid, Treble, Push/Pull High End Boost Bolt-On Neck Upgraded Overwater PreAmp (Fit By Overwater) Overwater/Hiscox Hardcase Selling Due To No Longer Playing Collection-Only, Cardiff, UK Strung Bb - Gb String spacing between B-E string 14mm, spacing D-G strings is 16mm (measured at the bridge by myself with a ruler and no idea what I'm doing!)  
      As far as I can remember, the ‘custom’ in its name denotes it having a non-standard bridge to what was offered at the time of manufacture. In October 2015 I safely sent the bass to Chris May at Overwater for some love & attention and it was at that point in its life that its active preamp was upgraded to the newest model available at the time and a ramp between the pickups was also fit with the most matching wood Overwater were capable of providing. The bass also had a full service while it was with them.
      I do not have Facebook myself but if you were to head to overwater’s FB page you will see an image they uploaded while it was with them in the shop that verifies the date these upgrades were made by them.
      I have no altered the bass in any way myself and it is in remarkable condition. That said, it has been used to me in hundreds of professional environments therefore has the faintest of hairlines present on some of the body/neck but nothing that affects playability. I have always been careful to not let the bass come in contact with belt buckles/belt sanders and if it wasn’t in a hardcase it was always propped up safely on a stand. The gold hardware has began to reflect a slightly more silver/chrome finish due to my hands running over it so regularly.

I have professionally used the bass with much love and care since I bought it and am only parting with it as I no longer have any yearning to be involved in the business. It seems an absolute crime to have this stunning instrument sat in its case doing absolutely nothing.

The bass is for sale for £1050 including the case and I will have to insist on it being pick-up only from Cardiff. The only thing I can imagine being sadder than parting with the bass is for it to be damaged in transit. 
      I would also really like for someone to come and have a play of the bass rather than trying to pay me from overseas and have me deal with a third party here acting as a courier. This is only because it would allow too much room for miscommunication and I am not confident in my ability to safely package something so delicate for international shipping.
      Thanks for reading and I will do my best to reply to any queries asap!

• By lowregisterhead
      For sale is a rare Parker Fly 5. I bought this on a bit of a whim earlier in the year, but I'm finding the string spacing is a bit tight for my gorilla mitts, so it's not getting the use it deserves. A huge tonal range from magnetic and piezo pickups, specs are below. A few small dinks, shown in the photos, but in very good overall condition.
      £1200 including UK shipping, contact me for shipping costs anywhere else. Collection from near Woking in Surrey welcome. Payment by cash on collection or bank transfer/Transferwise only please. Comes with Parker logo'd Levy's padded gig bag. Sorry, but I'm looking for a straight sale only, so no trade offers please.
      Specs:
      Sitka Spruce laminated body with Quilted Maple front and back, the neck is Mahogany wrapped in carbon fibre, the headstock is Curly Maple. The fretboard is glass and carbon fibre with stainless steel frets. Fretboard radius 10"-15", 34" scale. 24 medium size, hardened stainless steel frets, lightweight aluminum locking Sperzel® tuners. GraphTech® nut, width: 1.8". Mono-Rail II bridge with individual Fishman piezo pickups, gain of each adjustable from within the control cavity. 17mm string spacing at the bridge. 2 Custom DiMarzio Ultra Jazz™ hum-cancelling pickups with active Fishman EQ. Controls are: master volume, magnetic pickup volume, magnetic pickup pan, stacked magnetic active 2 band EQ, stacked piezo tone and volume.

• By Mudpup
      Price drop to £750!
      I acquired this in an exchange on this veritable forum a short while ago as a 5 string experiment. Alas I have far too few fingers and it's not worked out for me - I'm sticking to 4 strings!! So, she's up for sale or an exchange for a 4 string G&L L2000 if anyone has one kicking around. 
      Year 2000 USA model and in fab condition (tiniest bit of buckle rash and a weeny dink on the headstock). Comes with new strings and original hard case. No issues and sounds amazing! 
      I'm based near Harlow/Bishop's Stortford and can travel to Herts/Kent/London for work so pretty flexible for delivery/demo
      Pm me with questions please and thanks for looking 😊
      (Harry, hope it's OK to use your pics - I'm in France at the moment!)