Why become a member? ×

Line 6 HX

Kebabkid

Hi Gang,

I know we have some Helix users here but I wondered if anyone has purchased the above and what their thoughts are on it?

I can see there are a couple of specific bass pedals in it (EBS, Darkglass) as well as other decent fx that can be used for bass.

I'm a guitarist, too, and so this looks like it could be hugely useful to me and I tried one briefly, but only with a guitar, and it was a doddle to use and sounded pretty decent. I'm just interested to hear users' comments as to how it sounds with bass.

Cheers

Edited by Kebabkid

I have one and it has been a game changer. Not only does it give you a very intuitive UI and a lot of exceptionally well modeled emulations, but I also control my entire board from it.

You can search for Helix in the Post Your Pedalboard to see and read up on my pedalboard setup.

There are lots of threads and videos on HX out there so I will just summarise: a viable sonic alternative/equivalent to most stand alone pedals in a very sturdy and well thought out box, that has the most user friendly interface imaginable and offers so many switching options it is insane. Line6 knocked it out of the park. I would happily gig with just the HX if I had to.

Edited by HazBeen

I have a question for those who may be lucky enough to have both HXFX and Helix (/LT)

My assumption is no, but is it possible to port a preset from once device to another and for the most part, it will work even if button selections/configurations wouldn't come across? I have (or intent to complete) having a copy of all my LT presets in Helix Native. I was wondering how easy (rather than create from scratch) it would be to have a mini rig based around HXFX and still have some of my core tones available by copying from say Native or LT's banks.

The one I tried in the shop was noisy.

I wonder if there's a way of knowing which ones are the noisy/problematic ones i.e. range of serial numbers???

I've watched a few vids now and apart from the decent fx, the routing options and using it as a command centre for a board have a lot of appeal.

@Al Krow

On 12/06/2018 at 19:07, Al Krow said:

@dood - Dan, I'm on the Fretboard forum as well and we have a Line6/Yamaha guy there. I will ask :)

I've had a response and as far as copying sounds from Helix to HX, unfortunately  you can't. Maybe, in the future, there might be a way to copy and paste when HX Edit supports HXFX but for now, it's a 'No'.

I also asked about dropping the tuning, i.e. E to Eb, I think it's being worked on/improved upon as the Pitch Wham isn't great but for now, you might want to look at a different solution, like a Digitech Drop

I suppose, let's watch this space :)

Edited by Kebabkid