Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR1800 4-string - NOW TRADED!!
£800

pajhartley

Lovely as-new Ibanez SR1800. Bought on a whim from GAK a few weeks ago but I'm much happier with my Precision & Jazz! Cost £1,100 so £800 is a good saving as it's mint as far as I can see. Never gigged, only used at home

There's not a mark on it, it really is as new, & comes with the Ibanez Premium semi-hard case.

I've replaced the plastic knobs with nice metal ones, as you can see, but will include the originals.

Prefer not to post - collection from Seaford, East Sussex, or Tewkesbury, Glos. I'll deliver for nothing within a reasonable distance of either, or between, etc, or we can meet up somewhere.

And I just thought - I'd trade this straight for a "good condition" Fender Flea jazz in pink etc if anyone has one.

Let me know if you need anything else!

IMG_9873.thumb.JPG.bebbea20ab35556ddcfb08382c965d0b.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_9703.JPG

Edited by pajhartley
  • Like 1

Lovely bass, can't recommend it highly enough. Always the case that these come up in near mint condition at a good price after I've gone and got a new one myself, otherwise I'd have bitten your hand off! 

Btw - where did you get your nice metal knobs to replace the plastic ones? I've got three Ibby SRs that would no doubt like similar treatment from their owner! :) 

GLWTS

14 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Lovely bass, can't recommend it highly enough. Always the case that these come up in near mint condition at a good price after I've gone and got a new one myself, otherwise I'd have bitten your hand off! 

Btw - where did you get your nice metal knobs to replace the plastic ones? I've got three Ibby SRs that would no doubt like similar treatment from their owner! :) 

GLWTS

Thanks, Al! Had to get the knobs from the US: bestbassgear.com . Not cheap but I think a great improvement!

1 hour ago, pajhartley said:

Thanks, Al! Had to get the knobs from the US: bestbassgear.com . Not cheap but I think a great improvement!

Thanks for getting back to me on that one - what a useful website! So that was one set of large black aluminium and two sets of small black? How much did that come to with shipping and VAT added? 

Shame you're thinking of selling your Ibby on, so soon, although it's going to be a treat for someone. It's been such a great bass for me to discover - I'd been popping in and out of Wunjos in London for several years before taking the plunge! I'd be tempted to encourage you to try it at just one gig; with those big single Nords it will cut through the mix like butter. I liked my SR1800 so much I've recently added a 5 and 6 string SR to my collection :) 

Edited by Al Krow

57 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Thanks for getting back to me on that one - what a useful website! So that was one set of large black aluminium and two sets of small black? How much did that come to with shipping and VAT added? 

Shame you're thinking of selling your Ibby on, so soon, although it's going to be a treat for someone. It's been such a great bass for me to discover - I'd been popping in and out of Wunjos in London for several years before taking the plunge! I'd be tempted to encourage you to try it at just one gig; with those big single Nords it will cut through the mix like butter. I liked my SR1800 so much I've recently added a 5 and 6 string SR to my collection :) 

There are some seemingly identical Sadowsky knobs for sale in the “miscellaneous” section here, large and small sizes. Skip the customs nonsense!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Just two large alumin(i)um & three small. They were NOT cheap with shipping - $62 approx. But I think they're a great improvement & the kids don't need to eat every day, do they?

This was my 2nd Ibby - I had the SRFF805 but it was just too flat -sounding with the Bartolinis. The Nords are a huge improvement but I recorded with both it & my Jazz the other day & the Jazz honestly blew it away!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, pajhartley said:

Just two large alumin(i)um & three small.

Ah you can buy the small ones as singles? Seemed to be in packs of two on the website?

Although 3 x $62 for my three Ibbys is starting to add up! I best check out those seemingly identical Sadowsky knobs for sale in the “miscellaneous” section that Cam has kindly tipped me off to...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Ah you can buy the small ones as singles? Seemed to be in packs of two on the website?

Although 3 x $62 for my three Ibbys is starting to add up! I best check out those seemingly identical Sadowsky knobs for sale in the “miscellaneous” section that Cam has kindly tipped me off to...

Sounds like a plan. The large ones were reference BBG 853 & the small ones were BBG 854 on the bestbassgear website, if you needed that 

Edited by pajhartley

You can get knobs pretty similar to those from Thomman, I got some there (not the same time, not a fan) and they are pretty cheap. I do need new knobs for the GVB36, but havent seen anything good yet.

Interesting to hear getting it from bestbassgear - I just ordered a new nordy pickup from them for my new Ibby 6 string.

Edited by Woodinblack

• MB1 locked this topic