Why become a member? ×

Old Precision...

bassjamm

[quote name='Beedster' post='331822' date='Nov 18 2008, 09:14 PM']Which, roughly translated, means that whatever you've been offered is 99% chance fake :)[/quote]

Well, every bass model in the Fender catalogue over the 60s received colour co-ordinated headstocks- Jazz, Telecaster, Bass V, Bass VI, Mustang, Coronado, and Precision. Undoubtedly more common on some of the other models- particularly the Bass VI and Mustang- and more common on the Jazz than the Precision, but certainly available. Now, competition stripes, that's an entirely different matter.

[quote name='noelk27' post='331843' date='Nov 18 2008, 09:32 PM']Well, every bass model in the Fender catalogue[/quote]

Precisely. The catalogues are not reliable guides as to what colours were available. Matching headstocks could be had on anything during the 60s, but to special order only. Production custom colour Precisions with matching H/S are very unusual...

[quote name='noelk27' post='331843' date='Nov 18 2008, 09:32 PM']Well, every bass model in the Fender catalogue over the 60s received colour co-ordinated headstocks- Jazz, Telecaster, Bass V, Bass VI, Mustang, Coronado, and Precision. Undoubtedly more common on some of the other models- particularly the Bass VI and Mustang- and more common on the Jazz than the Precision, but certainly available. Now, competition stripes, that's an entirely different matter.[/quote]

I've never a Precision with matching HS, got any pics?

[quote name='Beedster' post='332665' date='Nov 19 2008, 09:50 PM']I've never a Precision with matching HS, got any pics?[/quote]

this is a refin but it looks nice

[url="http://home.flash.net/~guitars/sonicprecision.html"]http://home.flash.net/~guitars/sonicprecision.html[/url]

Edited by GЯДИКФЯ

[quote name='Telebass' post='332662' date='Nov 19 2008, 09:45 PM']Precisely. The catalogues are not reliable guides as to what colours were available. Matching headstocks could be had on anything during the 60s, but to special order only. Production custom colour Precisions with matching H/S are very unusual...[/quote]

Thank you for the selective quotation from, and loose, but inaccurate, interpretation of, my posting. Had it been my intention to refer to the printed publication media utilised by Fender across the decade referenced, and I employed language inaccurately, I possibly would have referred to "catalogues". As my intention was to refer to the "list" of models produced, or released, by Fender across the decade referenced the usage was, correctly, employed. Maybe you were confused by the duality of English language? And perhaps, before attempting selective quotation in future you will take into account sentence context, and refrain from misrepresenting other people’s statements.

I would also refer you to the text of the original post, where, at no point, does the author state his question is specific to either production or custom models. In this context, as you yourself concede, the information detailed by my posting is correct, and was stated specifically to assuage the impression given, in the post therein quoted, that the item in question was, most likely, fake - although I suspect a statement genuinely made to stress the doctrine of caveat emptor.

[quote name='noelk27' post='333297' date='Nov 20 2008, 06:00 PM']Thank you for the selective quotation from, and loose, but inaccurate, interpretation of, my posting. Had it been my intention to refer to the printed publication media utilised by Fender across the decade referenced, and I employed language inaccurately, I possibly would have referred to "catalogues". As my intention was to refer to the "list" of models produced, or released, by Fender across the decade referenced the usage was, correctly, employed. Maybe you were confused by the duality of English language? And perhaps, before attempting selective quotation in future you will take into account sentence context, and refrain from misrepresenting other people’s statements.

I would also refer you to the text of the original post, where, at no point, does the author state his question is specific to either production or custom models. In this context, as you yourself concede, the information detailed by my posting is correct, and was stated specifically to assuage the impression given, in the post therein quoted, that the item in question was, most likely, fake - although I suspect a statement genuinely made to stress the doctrine of caveat emptor.[/quote]

Easy Tiger , it's only basses, not all that important really :)

[quote name='neilb' post='333551' date='Nov 20 2008, 11:47 PM']Jesus..... never again do I wish to sit through anything as painful as that just to get a shufty at some twats bloody bass. God help me![/quote]

LOL, the lengthy process of translating a written description of said headstock from ancient Aramaic would have been preferable :)

[quote name='noelk27' post='333297' date='Nov 20 2008, 06:00 PM']Thank you for the selective quotation from, and loose, but inaccurate, interpretation of, my posting. Had it been my intention to refer to the printed publication media utilised by Fender across the decade referenced, and I employed language inaccurately, I possibly would have referred to "catalogues". As my intention was to refer to the "list" of models produced, or released, by Fender across the decade referenced the usage was, correctly, employed. Maybe you were confused by the duality of English language? And perhaps, before attempting selective quotation in future you will take into account sentence context, and refrain from misrepresenting other people’s statements.

I would also refer you to the text of the original post, where, at no point, does the author state his question is specific to either production or custom models. In this context, as you yourself concede, the information detailed by my posting is correct, and was stated specifically to assuage the impression given, in the post therein quoted, that the item in question was, most likely, fake - although I suspect a statement genuinely made to stress the doctrine of caveat emptor.[/quote]

a nice choice of words strung together there!
sorry but i've never seen such 'patronizzzing' drivel before!

unless of course you were taking the piss, which is fine.