Why become a member? ×

Hello from Lancashire

Cablerice

Hi!

Alex here, been lurking for a few months trying to get some of the lingo and also getting some GAS over various things in the "For Sale" sections (think I'm getting the hang of it, the lingo that is, not the resisting stuff for sale).  

Also quite interested in reading up on the theory sections, trying to expand my knowledge a bit beyond the same hand shapes and licks. Been a bedroom player for a few years, but am hoping to get a few pub gigs/open mics under my belt this year...I can think of worse new year's resolutions.

Welcome Alex.  It's good when members unlurk.

Open Mics and Jams are the way forward my friend.  The bedroom is way too comfortable.  It's usually agreed that it's best to get into a band situation as soon as you possibly can.

Edited by SpondonBassed

9 hours ago, TheGreek said:

...the more people you play with the more you're likely to learn (as long as you don't get stuck in that 12 bar blues scene)...

I'm glad I am not the only one to feel like that.  Going around and around a genre that didn't even originate here is a bit stale in my humble-bumblings too.

Trouble is... the 12BB is like the common denominator in the wide world of western styled music.  It's obligatory to know it if you want a half-decent tool kit to bring to the jam.

It's easy though, right?  That has been said of so many seemingly simple things in life.  More often than not, the simple things are harder to get away with with style and confidence whilst not making yourself look like a tourist.

• Like 1