Why become a member? ×

Musycal

pmjos

Hello All.

I have asked permission and gained the blessing of the moderators to post this.

I am in life bass player, band leader of a 10pc band and owner of a software company. My company does some really smart stuff of business including creating web applications which improve communication, make sure that things happen what the are supposed to and make sure that when they do everyone knows about it.

I found myself some months back tearing my hair out trying to organise 10 permanent and 4 dep musicians. It occurred to me that I should do something about that. I created a web application which enables me to plan control and communicate with my band. That had to include that fact that half the band were in two or more other bands, some are teachers and do other deps. It had to deal with rehearsals, gigs, photoshoots and all of the other stuff.

So in short I created this very smart bit of software that means in the last three months, I have not had to make one phone call to organise my band. I know who is where and when, of they are free or not and I can commit them or pencil them in for events. I can even cater for priority of one band or musician over another.

I am doing an update on that software over the Xmas break and I'm looking for 10 musicians with two bands or more running and willing to give it a full road test in the new year. This is planned to be a general release product later in 2018.

I won't bore you with the details but I promise you that there will be neither cost, nor demands placed upon you save introducing it to your bands and giving it a go. There will be no confidential information of any kind required to use the system and if it becomes the full blown product planned - you and your band members will get free lifetime licence. Can't say fairer than that.

Just so we are all clear. This not a phone app, it is not a bit of clunky polling software. This is the kind of stuff that big business runs on and uses the same software technologies as the largest social networking sites. Its proper stuff. I'm using version 1 now and it works well, the new one will be better. It will work on any web enabled device with a signal or line.

Please PM me if you are interested. Please note I will have to pick just 10 people for now, and if I get a lot off applications I'll have to thin them out.

Once this is all done, and I have the feedback in from here and the other trials we are running,  I will update software again and release. If I get there, there will be a  deal for all BC members as a thank you.

So over to you, if you are interested pm me.

Guys, thanks for the responses so far. I need more people willing to try out this new software in January. Its coming to market in the first quarter of 2018 and  it is going to be a game changer for the bands who use it. I am offering a long period of licence free use for people willing to step up and give it a try in the New Year.

If you are in two bands or more get on this trial guys or you'll miss out.

• 3 months later...

Dear All, please watch this space.

My new software called MusyCal is now nearly ready. I know it didn't get a lot of interest when I posted before Xmas but it's nearly finished. 

I am looking for 100 memberships for Beta testing then it goes public. The Beta members get it free for life the rest have to pay a modest fee. These are a few screen shots, multiple bands, simultaneous messaging, polling and instant date checking. This is coming in the next few weeks so keep your eyes peeled. 

Sadly Beta test has to be UK only at this stage. 

If this isn't the most useful bit of band software you have ever seen I will eat my Fodera.......

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 19.29.23.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 19.19.34.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 19.19.03.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 19.23.59.png

There is a personal diary (out dates, holidays & stuff) and a separate one for each project/band. Because they all separate so you can view either all in a single time line or each separately in context, but they all 'talk to each other' within your own view. That means you can never double book yourself.  Each separate band/ project Calendar talks to all the members of that band and all communication is simultaneous including confirmation poll.  No personal data is shared and all communicating is end to end encrypted.

The system works on personal membership with a band leader and other admin capability. Each member needs to register separately.

Because the system can 'test' the availability of members itself ( check out dates)  it can show availability without you having to ask. You can then instantly 'provisionally' confirm a date ( so long as members have put in their out dates) and a poll to book.

Bear in mind that this works for multiple bands with multiple members.

It also has group messaging and automatic map generation. More to come............

• Thanks 1

I love it.

The problem is getting people to use it properly. I've been using google calendars for a while for a similar purpose and I love the smoother functionality of this app... but I failed miserably at getting people to use google calendars. I got some to use it, so it helps, but it's far from a complete solution since humans are the weakest link here...

Can you make the app to give electric shocks to selected band members on demand?

People will always be people so I designed this to remove just about every plausible excuse. Even if someone won't register it will still send them emails. That just leaves the choice to sack people and you'll be glad to hear that there is actually a 'Sack' button :-) No electric shocks I'm afraid.

As for google calendar........... its pants.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cheddatom said:

This looks brilliant, very impressive... unfortunately I'd never get the one or two technophobes I play with to actually use it

It sends emails...........thought of that and the band admin can enter on their behalf and send them a confirmation

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pmjos said:

People will always be people so I designed this to remove just about every plausible excuse. Even if someone won't register it will still send them emails. That just leaves the choice to sack people and you'll be glad to hear that there is actually a 'Sack' button :-) No electric shocks I'm afraid.

As for google calendar........... its pants.

:D sack button

I still prefer the electric shock one... ¬¬

Yes, google calendar is far from being ideal... but it was the best solution that we could use easily.