Why become a member? ×

Players that don't warrant a signature bass

Barking Spiders

32 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Im not entirely how true this is. The Tye Zamora bass was available for sale. I know a guy local to me who bought one (Birmingham), hence why it is so readily in my mind... then he spent the best part of 5 years trying to move it on without loosing a stink load of cash. I don't know how many were made - there seems to be many, many stories. There was one attempted to be sold on eBay not too long ago.

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=181680800060&t=1442031318000&tid=10&category=4713&seller=technoempire&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=0&ittenable=true&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

Tye himself was selling some - prototype/real thing... whatever

24x12pz.jpg

How many "the rest" is, I dunno!

Here's the guy in Brum with said bass -

2hozi82.jpg

I guess the history is a bit of a grey area, found this in an Ebay listing for it:

"There were apparently only 2 of these basses made. This bass comes to us from Michael Grajewski, former bass player for Puddle of Mudd. He purchased this bass directly from Tye Zamora of Alient Ant Farm for whom this bass was built and named after. 

In Tye's words regarding the first of two of this model bass:  

"The original intention of this bass was to go into production, and this is the bass the templates were made from. Only two neck through versions of these basses exist, and the second one came off the template of this bass. Fender valued this bass at $28,000 in 2003" 

• Masterbuilt by Jason Davis"

Si

1 minute ago, EBS_freak said:

I don't buy that eBay listing description either...! Being economical with the truth in order to sell something? Surely not!?

Possibly haha, but still, I reckon you could probably count the amount in existence on one hand, and I reckon Tye had 4 of them, and 1 was your mate haha.

Si

On 12/1/2017 at 17:28, Dan Dare said:

My point exactly. That may be made of exotic woods, with deluxe pickups, etc, but it's a hot rodded EB in essence.

Having played one of these as well as several EB3s, I can categorically state that the Warwick has pretty much nothing in common with the Gibson models except that it may superficially look the same to someone who doesn't know much about bass guitars.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Having played one of these as well as several EB3s, I can categorically state that the Warwick has pretty much nothing in common with the Gibson models except that it may superficially look the same to someone who doesn't know much about bass guitars.

Guess I don't know much about bass guitars then...