Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN. Your loss is my gain. Very rare immaculate 1992 limited run USA Musicman Sterling bass.
£995

vinorange

Although I'm retiring from playing I played this at home last night and it's too nice. So I'm keeping it! So you've missed this collectors item........

1992 USA Musicman Sterling 4 string bass in natural satin lacquered finish with tortoiseshell pick guard (and replacement after market guard too) with Musicman hard shell case.

This is an extremely rare issue as it has a highly figured maple neck, recessed neck plate, mute pad bridge (pads are off as the action is so low) and chrome battery cover - all of which were features of the first run of USA Musicman Sterling basses and only like this for a year or so.

It's in great condition with extremely light play wear and hardly any fret wear. The bass has only just been set up with new strings, fret polish and fret board oiling with Ged Green in Manchester. It plays superbly. The hardware does show signs of being 25 years old with a bit of tarnishing and the body has a couple of surface marks which would probably rub / polish out.

It features a 1.5" neck width at the nut, 3 band Eq and parallel / series / phantom coil 3 way toggle switch. The array of sounds is massive compared to the Stingray. It's lighter, has a narrower neck and is uber playable.

It is a superb bass and if I wasn't retiring with immediate effect it would be staying with me but I cannot justify keeping an expensive bass if I'm not playing.

In Cheshire but can post or meet up (withing a 60 mile or so radius of Chester).

Edited by vinorange
Withdrawal.

Nice bass but next year is the 25th anniversary year for these as they began production in 1993 - could this be a prototype?

[url="https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/sterling"]https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/sterling[/url]

These are vastly underrated basses and I'd take one of these over a Stingray any day - in fact I did :lol:

[quote name='cardinaljay' timestamp='1510062125' post='3403626']
Wow! Wonderful bass and this one looks a bit special. I already have one otherwise I’d be all over this!
[/quote]

Same here, though I’ve always wanted one with the mutes. Mine is a really good one though so no point changing it.