Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

Ibanez SRF700 Portamento NOW SOLD

I have decided to sell my Portamento, mainly due to it not being used so much these days. Here's some photos and Ibanez blurb about the bass:

The MK1 pickups are split coil designs that provides a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise. The EQ section incorporates the controls of the Bartolini pickups with the AeroSilk Piezo system. Controls include a Master volume, balance and bass & treble controls for the Bartolini MK-1 pickups and a Master volume and a tone control for the Piezo system.

The SR Portamento features an extended 30-fret Rosewood fretboard for playing in upper registers usually only accessible on an upright.

The Custom bridge is created specifically for the optimum performance of the AeroSilk Piezo pickup system. Unique plastic saddles were designed to work in concert with the piezo pickups and enhance the acoustic "stand-up" quality of the sound.

On the back of the SR Portamento are recessed controls assigned to each individual string to control the volume of the Ibanez-exclusive AeroSilk Piezo pickup. Perfect string balance and response can be achieved by adjusting the volume to accommodate different string gauges.

The neck has lost it's satin finish somewhat, it was like this when I got it, but it makes no difference to the playability of the bass.

It has a acquired a couple of dings in the top edge of the body:

It will come in an old gig bag. Beware, it's old.

I'm based in south Wales if anyone wants to try and/or collect.
I'm happy to deliver within 60 miles of Pontypool.

I'm in London on the 23rd November so a day time hand over is possible (zones 1-3).

Buyer will have to arrange any couriers, I'm afraid.
I have a guitar box and a large Thomann shipping box for this to go in if necessary.
(Shipping info: carton is 138x18x60 cm and total weight is 8kgs)

Edited by bartelby

I've been avoiding looking at this one just in case I have a rush of blood from my wallet, but TBH I'm trying to concentrate on fives at the moment.

But I'm really surprised nobody's even looking at it. It's a beauty :)

Good luck with your sale!

Edited by alyctes

They are a thing of great beauty, I had one for a while until I decided fretless wasn't for me.
Look how high the fingerboard goes, you can get seriously creatine with that.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1509527456' post='3399581']
No love for this fantastic fretless? :(

Please help me fund a new mixer :)

On the contrary, lots of love for it here. I'd buy it immediately if I didn't have two lovely fretless basses already. Somebody's gonna get a beautiful instrument. Have a bump.

These bases are excellent. I have the 5er with black Labellas on - as close to an upright as you can get.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hellzero

Time to clear some stuff again as I really don't use my fivers !!!
      So for sale or trade for a 6 stings bass ONLY :

STRADI Symphony Bass Fretless 5 !
      Fantastic fretless bass from a great Polish luthier named Marek Dąbek who is making some really great sounding basses. This one is #6, a special order from a bass player who wanted to be able to either mix the magnetic Delano pickup with the Stradi piezo coupled to a Fishman preamp on a mono output or split the signal via the same output but with a stereo cable (delivered). Using two inputs on your amp (preamp or console) can turn this bass into the ultimate versatile fretless bass...

Shipping included to your place in these European countries : Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

Parcel shipped in ultra well protected box will be fully insured with tracking number.

Asking price : £1750 GBP or €2000 Euros !!!
      A new one would cost you twice the asking price if you order it today with the same specifications.

PayPal payment (Friend payment or fee covered), bank transfer (IBAN and BIC codes provided, so no fee) or cash on collection.

In fully working condition, almost new, with very little use.

Here are the specifications :

Scale : 34 inches (an option)
      Strings spacing at nut : 9,5 mm
      Strings spacing at bridge : 17,5 mm
      Action : 3 mm under the B string at 12th position
      Strings : Thomastik JF345 (almost new)
      Tuners :  black Hipshot USA
      Bridge : original Stradi (looks like ebony)
      Pickups : Delano TheXtender 5 HE with switch for parallel / single coil / series and volume (active/passive on push/push, yes push/push) and tone + Stradi original piezo with volume only
      Electronics : Fishman Powerchip with special output jack which can work in mono (Delano volume with active/passive on push/push, Stradi volume not working in passive mode, Delano tone) or stereo with the delivered jack (same as above, but the Stradi volume will work in Delano passive mode as it will not be affected by the switch as in this case it will only affect the Delano pickup thanks to the totally separated signals)
      Neck : multi piece set neck with flamed maple center stripe, ammonia-smoked oak, oak, thermo stabilized american flamed cherry wood and flamed maple sides
      Fretboard : one piece pau ferro fingerboard over maple with Luminlay side markers and maple binding
      Dots : brass eye side dots
      Nut : ebony
      Truss rod : one single way
      Body : 2110 years old swamp oak 2 centimeters thick top over a 2,5 centimeters thick okoumé (Gabon mahogany) body and grey-ed oak back veneer back over 2110 years old swamp oak veneer
      Headstock : 3 + 2 with matched 2110 years old swamp oak top and grey-ed oak back veneer back over 2110 years old swamp oak veneer
      Land of craftsmanship : Poland ( September 2015)
      Weight : 3.9 kilograms (very very light and perfectly balanced)

Will come with a semi-rigid soft-case perfectly suited, the Luminlay light and the special stereo cable.

Non smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures to see the real condition.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.
      Links :
      Here some videos of some Stradi fretless basses to give you an idea of how it can really sound :

Dust is offered. 
      Now the real pictures : look at the woods !

• By Woodinblack
      So noone had ever told me about the Fireman shape that Ibanez do, or the reverse iceman. 
      Someone on my facebook linked to a Paul Gilbert video and he was demonstrating his fireman, well, he wasn't but it is his signature guitar and he was demonstrating how easy it was to play like Paul Gilbert if you happen to be Paul Gilbert. Which he is, so it is pretty easy.
      Anyway, ignoring how good he is, that guitar shape is brilliant - litterally an upside down iceman with a bit chopped out of the (now) bottom part of the lower horn for access, thus getting rid of the neck dive problem of the iceman straight away.
      Well, it turns out that ibanez don't make a fireman bass.
      Looking on the net, there is one place in the states that makes reverse iceman bodies for a bass, but it it obviously quite expensive shipping. And it is for a fender neck, would be nice with an iceman neck.
      So I really really want a fireman bass, a 5 string one. Anyone any idea where I can get a body for one (or the whole thing)?
    • By Andrey
      Hey Guys,
      Due to financial hardship I'm forced to part ways with my favourite baby.
      As you can tell  from the pictures she's been played a bit, she does have some visible dings due to  lack of coating over the paint job but still sounds and plays beautifully. I loved how this bass played so much that I even upgraded the preamp and got her an Aguilar OBP-3,  modded from 9v to 18v and it's a killer bass now. Was in the process of changing the pickups as well but ultimately I ended buying a new bass. 
      I prefer collection but willing to post at the buyer's expense. 
      Bass info : 
      Body: Mahogany Neck: Jatoba / Bubinga (Guibourtia tessmannii) Fretboard: Rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia) Medium frets Headstock veneer: Bubinga (Guibourtia tessmannii) Accu-Cast B300 bridge Pickups: 2 Bartolini MK1 Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp Colour: Brown Mahogany Contact :
      Phone : 07375301744
      Email : [email protected]

• By lowregisterhead
      For sale is my Ibanez ATK805 Premium bass. I only bought it a couple of months ago from Dave Swift, who imported it himself from the States, and although it's a lovely (and very rare) bass, I have my eye on something else, so sadly it has to go!
      The build quality is superb for such a reasonably priced bass, and it has a great range of MM/P/J tones from the MM/J-style pickup combination, 3-way coil tap switch on the MM-style pickup, and 3-band preamp. Really comfy to play, and balances very well. Bridge keyhole string anchors or through-body stringing, 34" scale, 18mm string spacing at the bridge. It's in very good overall condition, with just a couple of dings on the body and the neck shown in the pictures, and if I was to be picky, in a certain light you can see a little shininess on the wooden scratchplate below the strings. Sale includes the Warwick Rockcase shown in the pictures. Note that the Schaller straplock buttons shown in the pics have now been replaced with standard chrome buttons.
      Collection is preferred from near Woking, Surrey. I can ship it, which will be another £30 within the UK. Sorry, but I'm not looking for any trades.

• By Frank Blank
      Wanted walnut Ibanez SRC6.