Why become a member? Read more... ×
bartelby

Ibanez SRF700 Portamento NOW SOLD
£400

I have decided to sell my Portamento, mainly due to it not being used so much these days. Here's some photos and Ibanez blurb about the bass:

37039303703_049936f674_c.jpg

The MK1 pickups are split coil designs that provides a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise. The EQ section incorporates the controls of the Bartolini pickups with the AeroSilk Piezo system. Controls include a Master volume, balance and bass & treble controls for the Bartolini MK-1 pickups and a Master volume and a tone control for the Piezo system.
30317607002_586bda8db8_c.jpg

The SR Portamento features an extended 30-fret Rosewood fretboard for playing in upper registers usually only accessible on an upright.
30347908411_6273954499_c.jpg

The Custom bridge is created specifically for the optimum performance of the AeroSilk Piezo pickup system. Unique plastic saddles were designed to work in concert with the piezo pickups and enhance the acoustic "stand-up" quality of the sound.
30347907801_3f84428f82_c.jpg

On the back of the SR Portamento are recessed controls assigned to each individual string to control the volume of the Ibanez-exclusive AeroSilk Piezo pickup. Perfect string balance and response can be achieved by adjusting the volume to accommodate different string gauges.
30317606102_b663f12ae2_c.jpg

The neck has lost it's satin finish somewhat, it was like this when I got it, but it makes no difference to the playability of the bass.
26168062679_c6b8a37c70_c.jpg

It has a acquired a couple of dings in the top edge of the body:
26168062069_3f250b6dca_c.jpg

It will come in an old gig bag. Beware, it's old.

I'm based in south Wales if anyone wants to try and/or collect.
I'm happy to deliver within 60 miles of Pontypool.

I'm in London on the 23rd November so a day time hand over is possible (zones 1-3).

Buyer will have to arrange any couriers, I'm afraid.
I have a guitar box and a large Thomann shipping box for this to go in if necessary.
(Shipping info: carton is 138x18x60 cm and total weight is 8kgs)

Edited by bartelby
Sold

I've been avoiding looking at this one just in case I have a rush of blood from my wallet, but TBH I'm trying to concentrate on fives at the moment.

But I'm really surprised nobody's even looking at it. It's a beauty :)

Good luck with your sale!

Edited by alyctes

They are a thing of great beauty, I had one for a while until I decided fretless wasn't for me.
Look how high the fingerboard goes, you can get seriously creatine with that.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1509527456' post='3399581']
No love for this fantastic fretless? :(

Please help me fund a new mixer :)
[/quote]

On the contrary, lots of love for it here. I'd buy it immediately if I didn't have two lovely fretless basses already. Somebody's gonna get a beautiful instrument. Have a bump.

These bases are excellent. I have the 5er with black Labellas on - as close to an upright as you can get.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PriZeMaN
      **£2500 New**  Krell 0237
      I cannot sing the praises enough for ACG!!!
      The only reason I'm selling is because I am expecting a custom ACG very soon and cannot justify having 3 basses.
      BODY: Top Wood:Black ART Lacewood
      • Body Wood:Black Walnut
      • Accent Veneer:Flame Maple
      • Body Finish:Satin Lacquer
      NECK:  Wood:Maple/Walnut
      • Finger Board:Indian Ebony with alloy face dots and partial fretlines.
      • Scale:34″
      • Weight:4.68Kg/10.3Lbs
      • Head Plate:ART Lacewood ,Back Plate:Walnut , Heel:Walnut
      • Neck Finish:Satin Lacquer
      HARDWARE: • Pickups:ACG OWSB overwound single coils. Alnico magnet in the neck pickup, Ceramic in the bridge. Pre-amp East Deluxe 3
      • Hardware:ACG/Hipshot bridge 18mm spacing, Gotoh Gb350 Resolite tuners, Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks, Low battery indictor, Luminlay side dots.

STRINGS: New Platinum roundwound Set from Newtone Strings
      Hiscox Hard Case.
      Will post at the buyers Expense but prefer Pick Up from CHELMSFORD
      Email: [email protected]

• By pbat
      Body: WALNUT
      Top: Poplar Burl
      Matching Headstock
      Neck: Neck through  5 pieces Maple and Wenge
      Fingerboard: Ebony 35’’, 24 frets 
      Bridge: Jerzy Drozd fully adjustable from17.87mm to 19.50mm string spacing
      PU’s: Two Jerzy Drozd JeD Xs split single coil hum canceled with ebony cover
       Electronics: Aguillar OBP3, 3 bands with mediums frequency switch selector 
       Weight:3,9kg
      It has a distinct tone (full but very articulate). Great versatility by combining Pu's with OBP3. Tons of attack and clarity in the notes in any area of the fingerboard (it is perfectly intuned).
      It includes a JD soft case.
      The audio is from this bass. The one on the video, of course, is not the one for sale.
      Shipping at buyers expense.

• By Freddy
      Hello
      I'm selling my Ibanez Soundgear SR 600 (4 string) Bass due to needing funds for other things.
      It was bought on Basschat (unfortunately, I can't remember who as I've not been on the site for a while and all my threads etc. have gone), I believe it's a 2012 model and it comes with a padded bag.
      It's a great bass, plays really well, sounds great and has the best two piece swamp-ash body I've seen on any SR (I was planning to buy a new one, but I saw this)! The neck, truss rod, hardwear and electronics are in perfect working order, there is some very minimal fretwear, but nothing a fret dress (or even a decent polish) couldn't sort. The back of the neck is like glass and a dream when gigging.
      The body and neck are in great condition, although the body has a few dings on the lower horn and some wear around the input jack socket. The back has very little wear at all, but in all cases I have tried to show these in the photos.
      The condition overall is very good, having being looked after, but does have some cosmetic wear, as you'd expect (I've tried to show this in the photos). There are two additional strap button holes (it has schaller strap buttons fitted), which are my preference, but these could easliy be 'lost', especially with this natural finish, with filler or superglue and sanding dust from same or similar timber.
      It has all the features you'd expect from the SR series: (taken from Ibanez website. N.B. this bass has the TWO-position mid frequency switch)
      Neck type: SR4 5pc Jatoba/Walnut
      Jatoba fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
      Ash body
      Medium frets
      Accu-cast B300 bridge (19mm string spacing)
      Neck pickupBartolini® MK-1 neck pickup (Passive)bridge pickupBartolini®
      MK-1 bridge pickup (Passive)equalizerIbanez
      Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch (two-position)
      Black matte hardware
      Scale length: 864mm/34"
      38mm at nut
      21.5mm at 12 fret
      62mm at 24 fret
      305mm radius

Please note that the stand is not included, but the padded bag is. You are welcome to come over and try it out. Collection is preferred (I'm in Sheffield), carriage would be arranged by and at the buyer's expense.
      Many thanks for looking.
      Freddy

• By MOXYBASS
      My Shuker fretless
      I have not used this bass much and is like new 
      Any trial - It is with Jon Shuker (in his workshop) 

Used but in excellent condition
      Collection Only   -   Cash on collection
      4 string Uberhorn   (serial number 0001)
      34″ scale
      double octave
      Laminated Mahogany / maple set neck
      Phenolic resin thru f/board
      two way truss rod
      carbon fibre reinforcement
      composite nut
      fret position edge markers, 2mm side dots
      2mm Mother of pearl face dots between G and D string
      African Blackwood Headstock veneer
      Gotoh GB707 tuners
      mahogany body
      African Blackwood top
      polyester basecoat
      gloss lacquer
      ABM piezo bridge units (recessed into fretboard)
      thru stringing
      Graphtech Ghost piezo preamp
      3 band Shuker eq
      Rear mounted magnetic pickup
      Black Hardware

Includes - Fitted Shuker case
      CASH or Bank Transfer  only
      http://shukerguitars.co.uk/stock-4-string-uberhorn-fretless-bass/

• By MOXYBASS
      Tacoma Thunderchief CB10C FRETLESS made in USA. 
      These are rare and made between 2002 and 2005 

It has been only been used on 2 studio albums and sat in its case since 2014. Never gigged. Fitted hardcase Also comes with custom fit soundhole cover to reduce feedback if required. 

2003 Tacoma Thunderchief acoustic electric bass, USA-made and professionally setup. 
      Thunderchief delivers warm, thick low end without the hollow sound or lack of power often found in an acoustic bass. One of the loudest Acoustic basses I have played. It's a powerful instrument that plays effortlessly with a solid Sitka-spruce top, mahogany back and sides, upper-bass bout “paisley” soundhole, a bolt-on mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard and bridge and Fishman Prefix Plus electronics. The bass is light for size 6lbs. 

The body measures 17 3/4" wide at the lower bout, with a 4 5/8" body depth, delivering a tone. The rosewood bridge sits flush with the top with ample saddle height, and the satin finish 
      Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany: Neck 
      Bolt-On One-Piece Mahogany 
      Fingerboard: Fretless Rosewood 
      Bridge: Rosewood 
      Fishman Prefix Plus electronic 
      Case: Standard Hardshell Case      Collection only  Wirral / St Helens / Liverpool