Why become a member? ×

SOLD

chrkelly

I've had this bass nearly 2 months now and it sounds, plays and looks absolutely amazing. The only problem is I'm now starting to get tension problems in my right wrist due to the body shape. I've tried to get around this by slightly altering my technique but nothing seems to work and I can't afford to give myself tendonitis.

It's in natural maple and in well played condition, nothing unusual for a bass made in '78 though. All original except for one screw in the pickguard and the strap buttons which have been changed to Schaller straplocks. Comes with the original case which is pretty well worn and has had the handle replaced. You can get a wide variety of sounds from the Moog pre. It's a heavy beast but is perfectly balanced with no neck dive.

Sold

I'd prefer not to post but could meet by car depending on distance.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow when I get home.

cheers,
Chris

Edited by chrkelly

[quote name='Toasted' post='325254' date='Nov 9 2008, 01:17 PM']Oh crap... one of my all-time dream basses.

Looking forward to pics, Chris :)[/quote]

Hi Joe, how's that Berg working out. I'm absolutely loving the Aggie.

Pics up as promised. Brings out the quilt in the body wings nicely. Also, I'll be in Hull for a show next week from Tues to Sat if that makes it easier for anyone to view the bass,

Chris

Sex, of a frantic & dirty nature, that definitely gets a full 5 :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow:

70s & 80s Gibson basses were great - what the hell went wrong? Anyway this is second only to the mighty Victory Artist on my lust list, only wish I could afford it!

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='326719' date='Nov 11 2008, 01:27 PM']Sex, of a frantic & dirty nature, that definitely gets a full 5 :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow: :brow:[/quote]

Agreed RD artists are so cool :) wish I had the cash to buy it though :huh:

[quote name='Toasted' post='327971' date='Nov 12 2008, 09:52 PM']Bump :)[/quote]

Cheers for all the bumps guys and also apologies to anyone waiting for a reply to a pm. Unfortunately I'm having great difficulty connecting to the net this week so I'm writing this from my phone which will let me view pms but not reply to them. Very annoying! Expect replys on Sunday when I get back home.

Chris

For what it is worth, I also had one and these are freakin awesome basses. I sold mine 3 years ago for a fair bit more than this is being sold at so this is a great buy.

They play like a dream and have a really wide range of sounds due to the Moog electrics. They also look cool as but are bloomin' heavy.

Good luck with the sale, someone is gonna get a bargain
Andy

Finally back home, been playing my other bass all week and still same hand problems so it seems like the RD isn't the cause. Keeping that in mind I've decided to withdraw the bass from sale so I can play it again once I'm better (need to take those heavy La Bella flats off the Fender).

Apologies to all those who were interested,

Chris

Edited by chrkelly

• 1 month later...

Darn this bass, I have a complete love/hate relationship with it and I'd rather see it go to a good home rather than sit in its case and not be played. The cash would certainly help with the loan repayments for my double bass too.

Not in any real rush to sell though and I'll be away from the 22nd till the new year.

Chris

Ahhh, one of my favourite basses. Assuming the electronics are all working, £650 is an utter steal.

I have three of these, and there is absolutely no way I would sell for less than £850.
(Actually they are NOT for sale, although I would like to swap one of mine for something else
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16090"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16090[/url] - anyone?)

A mate also sold one a few months back for £850.

In fact, now you can't just import them at $2 to the pound, they should be even more.

Someone snap this up before he puts his price up.

By the way, you can read a lot more about the [url="http://www.flyguitars.com/gibson/bass/RDartist.php"]Gibson RD artist bass[/url] on flyguitars.com.