Why become a member? ×

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE! 2 bitsas (J and P, £130)*SOLD*
£140

mr.noisy

£130 for both now.

Hey guys,

So here it is. Two bitsa basses that can be put back to it's original form by swapping back the neck.

It's a Squier VM Precision Fretless and Harley Benton Jazz. I got the HB here, few months ago when I was looking for a Jazz body to put Squier neck on instead of buying fretless Jazz. This has worked well. Then I decided to put HB neck on the P body just to check it out. Turned out fine too. I actually gigged the P bass as it is now a couple of times when we had to play some tunes in drop tuning and I used it to swap quickly instead of fiddling with the tuning in between the tunes, sounded nice, and it has flats on it. Jazz sounds great too, but I just can't get motivated enough to put the time and effort into it, so I am sticking with the frets.

Please mind that the HB body was DIY reliced by myself (yes, I know, I did it for fun because I knew I wouldn't gig it), it isn't really bad and I tried to keep it realistic, so all I did was just some steel wool action, spanners and screwdrivers treatment as well as couple of sanded places to make it look worn. HB neck headstock also been painted black and I tagged it with a silver marker, but I still have some black left and will cover the tag up if you wish :D. Squier body and neck have been untouched though, but might have some tiny signs of use. The last thing to mention is that the HB heel for some reason is shorter than Squier so the top 2 screw holes were not alligned and both necks needed some drilling, but it doesn't affect the functionality, both basses are set up nicely with a decent action and necks of course can be swapped back without any problems.

I'd love to keep them but they do take some precious space and are not used enough to justify it, and I do have another P and another J that I use mostly, and I could do with some cash towards other musical things I'd like to get.

Here is a little reference pic where you can see both basses, I will probably make some more later.
This is collection only from North West London, however I can deliver for free within some reasonable distance, or meet half way.

Feel free to ask any questions. Price is basically for a Squier, which is less than a half price of what they are going brand new now, and you will get HB for free and it's up to you how you prefer them, I actually prefer fretless on the Jazz for that classic you know who sound.

Edited by mr.noisy

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1507042430' post='3382965']
2 guitars and 2 basses in photo, Dad!
[/quote]

Just you wait till you get to my age, young whippersnapper, and we'll see if you can distinguish between the two at forty paces..! :angry:

:lol: :P

[quote name='Sharkfinger' timestamp='1507034118' post='3382873']
Did you try to post an picture? Don't see any...
[/quote]

Yes, there should be a picture in the main post below the description, and I can see that other people, including me, can see it :) If you are interested but still can't see it, just pm me and I'll send you the pic.

I was meant to make some more detailed pictures, but it seems that there is no interest, so I'll wait with that until someone will request more pics.

[s]Also I forgot to mention that I might be interested in some trades, mainly for some budget 5 string bass, some budget synths, samplers, mixers or audio interfaces with at least 8 recording inputs (no firewire though please) or 8 or more track recorders (tape or digital). Could add some cash towards something quite interesting, but bear in mind that my budget is rather tight.[/s]

Cheers

Edited by mr.noisy

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1507295983' post='3384593']
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/312844-bass-guitars-for-beginners-wanted-cash-waiting/"]http://basschat.co.u...d-cash-waiting/[/url]

Could you and Steve come to some arrangement??
[/quote]

Thanks for the link, but I am not sure if Steve would be up for a trip to London to collect the basses?

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1509626189' post='3400389']
I'm amazed no one has gone for this offer
Such a bargain. Hope it sells soon :)
[/quote]

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1509627733' post='3400401']
PMed
[/quote]

And replied :)