Why become a member? ×

JV Squier 1982 Non-export Precision Bass Sold pending
£700

ash

If you can’t afford an original early Fender Precision bass how about this? It’s a gorgeous 1982 non-export JV Precision Bass made in Japan allegedly to the specs/blueprint of pre CBS Fender. The bass differs from the JV export series in that it has none reverse tuners and a bridge with single thread saddles. The bass is completely original and was imported from Japan and used in a studio for several years before I recently bought it.
The neck is lovely quite shallow with a vintage feel without the width and clubbiness of some later P basses. A clean dark rosewood board, slim frets and a low action. Truss rod has plenty of play. The two piece body is made of highly figured Sen Ash. It’s light weight at just over 8lbs with a nice balance. Pickups sound great and everything works as it ought too. The sunburst has a true vintage vibe to it and is in very good condition for a 35 year old working bass! The original owner even had it featured on the 21frets JV website gallery!
I didn’t think I’d be selling this but something very special turned up yesterday that I couldn’t resist and as I already own three JVs one had to go. I haven’t had opportunity to bond with this one so last in first out. This really is a lovely vintage quality collectible bass for not much money. Sorry no trades and no none UK buyers please - there isn’t a case or bag so pickup preferred but I will post insured at buyers cost.
Thanks

Some very high quality pics of this bass prior to my ownership here -

http://www.21frets.com/squier_jv/gallery12.htm

Edited by ash

And another great bass for sale! The necks are great on these. Very shallow for a P. Certainly not a club like many of the USA around at the time. Excellent balance too. Love mine and can't imagine ever selling it now. A replacement would have to be really really special. GLWTS