Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN. Squier Classic Vibe P Bass, Fiesta Red- with great PJ upgrade
£370

Marc S

Never thought I'd do this, but here is my beloved Squier Classic Vibe P in Fiesta Red. But this one is not the norm
It has been professionally made into a PJ, by the well known top luthier Dave Dearnaley in Cardiff.
Dave has done a superb job routing the cavity for the J pickup - it's so neat you'd think it was a special run from the factory

Dave also installed some new wiring & pots (not all of them, 2 I think) and installed BOTH new pups
These are the wonderful Entwistle PBXN and JBXN pickups. These pickups are awesome - really powerful big sound, yet they retain that vintage Fender sound
Made in China, same factory as the Matt Freeman P's and the rare short scale Jazzes - NOT same factory as the Affinity range

The bass plays beautifully and is well balanced, with a C profile neck which although glossy, feels aged. It's in near mint condition, with just a few minor marks / blemishes
The CV range are of the highest quality construction - I had a lovely 2000's US P bass, and there wasn't much in it re quality - in fact, this sounded much better once it was PJ'ed

I'd prefer collection or to meet somewhere. I don't have a box atm, but could find a gigbag.
As I don't have any scales, I can't weigh it - but I'm sure the extra pup hasn't added much weight - and the weight must be on Fender's website somewhere

I had one of these before, sold it and instantly regretted it.... so I went out and bought another :)
Please note - I've only advertised this as something else I really want has come up - if that sells, or my KYDD upright sells, I will be withdrawing this lovely bass

More photos later

Edited by Marc S

I am now considering asking Mark Morgan Richards to build a Fiesta Red Precision for me (as the one I was after has sold)
Hectic weekend, including playing at 2 festivals - So I haven't had chance to take any more pics yet

Edited by Marc S

Goodness, I should never have left Cardiff!
Is that the 60s or the 70s Vibe you used as a starting point?
Such a shame you put a J in it, it deserved a second P-PU just like Dave Landreth's :-P
But that would be a nice reason to visit the old town again!

I have decided to order a Limelight bass from Mark - so I will definitely (and with heavy heart) sell this bass - to make room for the incoming instrument
Sorry for the delay re photos - but due to problems with sourcing Rosewood, Mark was initially finding it difficult to get a neck from his supplier - I didn't want to sell this lovely bass if Mark was unable to build one for me
Anyhow, here are the promised photos.

I couldn't find the official info on weight, but someone else said theirs was 8lbs 13 ounces. Nut width 42mm, radius 9.5"
Looking again at this bass, it's hardly got a mark on it, and it's a really stunning looking instrument. Quality built, high quality upgrades, and it sounds huge
Frets show no signs of wear - hardly a mark on this bass - just a few minor blemishes that you can hardly see, let alone photograph
Heck I may even withdraw this bass and try to hide the fact that there's now +1 from Mrs S ;)

Edited by Marc S

The Entwistle pickups are amazing GroovyPlucker.
I honestly can't tell you just how good, especially considering their relatively low price
Go for the PBXN and the JBXN, as opposed to the PBX and JBX though

Although the "N" versions need extra routing - a small channel, to accommodate their larger magnets
It's well worth it - their output is huge. They still give the bass a vintage tone - just more of it! lol

EDIT: Just a note to say I may be away for a few days - so please don't think I'm ignoring any messages

Edited by Marc S

Couple of low offers for this bass - but with the quality, condition and upgrades to this bass - it's worth every penny of the asking price
In fact, I'd put this alongside any expensive US Precision - so I'm not going to give this away - it's already a stunning instrument for the money
I'm already regretting putting this up for sale, so I might even be forced to keep it ;)

Last bump. I'm thinking I may withdraw this lovely bass.
I've had some low offers for this bass - I priced it rather low, as I thought it would sell quickly
But these basses are future classics, and are now fetching near enough this price,
Without the great mods this stunning example has had.....

May hang on to this bass if its not sold soon

Following some ridiculously low offers, for a bass that really is worth more than the asking price,
I have decided to withdraw this beautiful instrument - it's just too good to let go for silly money

Edited by Marc S