So, building up a new board and need the following pedals powered:

[u]9V DC centre negative[/u]
1. 17 mA
2. 22 mA
3. 25 mA
4. 90 mA

[u]12v DC centre negative[/u]
1. 80 mA

What's out there? Ideally I'd like something that can mount on the board itself and power both voltages.

Thanks

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

Those first 3 have a low rating so are probably not digital and should behave perfectly well on a daisy chain, so you might not need a whole bunch of isolated 9v outputs.

I use a Cioks DC5 because it's one of the only supplies fits under a Pedaltrain Nano/Metro. They sell a bunch of adaptor cables and I have a 3 way splitter powering some well behaved 9v pedals off of a single output, then another output for an iolated digital 9V pedal, another for my 12V Effectrode PC2A and another for my 18V Tonehammer.

If fitting the power supply under the board wasn't a primary concern, the supply I would have got would have been the Truetone CS-7. As far as I can tell, this one is a bit different to most isolated supplies in that it doesn't use transformers, it uses switch mode technology like the One Spot and most common power supplies. Two advantages of this is that you can put lots more through the individual sockets (their support say you can ignore the individual mA labels as long as you don't exceed the limit for the entire brick), and certain pedals produce noise when placed very close to a supply with a transformer.

I suppose so, it's a bit cheaper, although for a bit more the DC5 does give you more juice and an 18V option in around the same footprint, should you find your board expanding in future!

Hotrox is the best place I know to get em btw, they stock all the accessory cables too: http://www.hotroxuk.com/guitar-fx-pedals-dunlop-ehx-fulltone-hot-rox-uk/cioks-power-supplies.html

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1497358012' post='3317503']
I suppose so, it's a bit cheaper, although for a bit more the DC5 does give you more juice and an 18V option in around the same footprint, should you find your board expanding in future!

Hotrox is the best place I know to get em btw, they stock all the accessory cables too: [url="http://www.hotroxuk.com/guitar-fx-pedals-dunlop-ehx-fulltone-hot-rox-uk/cioks-power-supplies.html"]http://www.hotroxuk....r-supplies.html[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks again. While I am sure there will be a temptation to expand, for now I think the Adam will do just fine :)

+1 for the DC5.

I actually went for the DC8 to give me a little extra room for future expansion, but it's not massively different to the DC5 and also not much more expensive (another £20 or so), but does have a slightly larger foot print. Both fit easily under my PT Classic Jnr, although I currently have space for it sit nicely on top. Good solid quality build.

Which PT are you going for?

Edited by Al Krow