Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Musicman Stringray 4 in Trans Red (new pics)

Jobiebass

I LOVE THIS BASS.
TBH, I dont really want rid of it. I havent played a 'Ray like it before or since.

Its STUPIDLY light. I sware its made of feathers. the tone on it is fantastic, ive played a fair few 'rays in my time and I cant find another thats been anywhere neer as good.
A fair few of you have played it and said if I ever want rid of it give you a shout. well, here we are. If I get a good enough offer on it, it'll go. Its got a musicman hardcase, strung with Elixirs. 2007 model, originally bought from ChrisDaBass (who can vouch for how nice this really is)
Had a pro set up 18th April by ElectroMusic. Reciept in hand. Action is amazingly low. plays fantastic!
I can take more pics if you want/need them. If your local you can pop over and have a play.
Pick up prefered, but has a hardcase so can sort postage if need be.
£725 ono.

Looks like its massivly scratched on the far right, I asure you its not.

Edited by Jobiebass

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='316153' date='Oct 27 2008, 09:00 PM']I LOVE THIS BASS.
TBH, I dont really want rid of it. I havent played a 'Ray like it before or since. But, its either I get rid of this or the Flea bass, and im quite fond of the Flea.

Its STUPIDLY light. I sware its made of feathers. the tone on it is fantastic, ive played a fair few 'rays in my time and I cant find another thats been anywhere neer as good.
A fair few of you have played it and said if I ever want rid of it give you a shout. well, here we are. If I get a good enough offer on it, it'll go. Its got a musicman hardcase, strung with Elixirs, no scratch's or dings. 2007 model, originally bought from ChrisDaBass (who can vouch for how nice this really is)

[/quote]

Do you have any more pictures, including headstock and close up of the body.

Any, rough price range would help.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='316161' date='Oct 27 2008, 09:13 PM']Shows the headstock on this one, but not close, sorry.
[/quote]

Simply the best ray ive ever played!! i bought it new! one of my many reasons for getting it was its lovely light weight! ! it has a hell of a neck too!

sometimes i wonder why on earth i bloody sold it!??

seriously guys i cant recommend it enough!

if i wasn't so in debt for my sadowsky NYC i'd buy this back in a flash!

good luck with the sale mate!

:)

[quote name='crez5150' post='316613' date='Oct 28 2008, 12:23 PM']How much for the Wheel barrow and the dog? ^_^[/quote]

well im dog sitting this weekend for it, so if you wanna look after it for the weekend while I get trashed with my mates ill throw the wheelbarrow in for free. (you do have to give the dog back tho.)

Its just a feeler at the mo, I just found a status neck for it, so if I end up getting that, looks like im keeping it for a while longer.
I would really regret selling it, just for the fact of ill never find a better 'ray in my lifetime. But needs must.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='316876' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:23 PM']Im open to offers, but im not letting it go dirt cheep.

thanks Chris and Mark for the kind words.[/quote]

If im honest with you mate i think u must be bloody crackers selling this!! you dont know what you've got till its gone n all that!!

its something that'll be hard to find again! im sorry that i let it go in the first place as its spoiled every other ray for me!

what do you need the cash for anyway? is it really that important? lol :)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='316889' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:35 PM']If im honest with you mate i think u must be bloody crackers selling this!! you dont know what you've got till its gone n all that!!

its something that'll be hard to find again! im sorry that i let it go in the first place as its spoiled every other ray for me!

what do you need the cash for anyway? is it really that important? lol :)[/quote]

Its just not getting used.
I have the Flea now and its just sitting there lookign pretty, I think if I just sorted the action out on it as its a little high at present, id not use the flea again cause the 'ray sounds better for what I need then the flea. But I prefer the flea neck and it plays fantastic. BUT the ray neck is SWEEEEEEET. aughh. its so hard. I cant quite get the tone out of the flea that id like though, but thats probably cause im terrible with EQ/effects and I never run it straight to the amp. so the 'ray wins hands down on that.

i just dont like having a few grands worth of basses in my house and not getting any use. just got rid of my 5HH OLP for the same reason. was pretty rair as it was imported from USA, but still, needed to go.

TBH, I dont want rid, but if I got a good enough offer it'd go.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='316945' date='Oct 28 2008, 06:18 PM']from what you have just said it sounds like you should be selling the flea, not this[/quote]

maybe,
I bought a bongo thinking it would be better, that was sold after a few months cause even with more tone options available, still didnt outshine the 'ray.
But I do love the Flea neck and how low the action is. maybe I have to sacrafice the tone a little for playability? I dunno, the jury is still out on that one.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='316924' date='Oct 28 2008, 06:02 PM']Its just not getting used.
I have the Flea now and its just sitting there lookign pretty, I think if I just sorted the action out on it as its a little high at present, id not use the flea again cause the 'ray sounds better for what I need then the flea. But I prefer the flea neck and it plays fantastic. BUT the ray neck is SWEEEEEEET. aughh. its so hard. I cant quite get the tone out of the flea that id like though, but thats probably cause im terrible with EQ/effects and I never run it straight to the amp. so the 'ray wins hands down on that.[/quote]
Have you tried a bit of compression on the flea bass? Might help to fatten the sound up. You could have a look at a Sonic Maximiser too, they add the fatness of valves but without the compression on the attack. (Years ago everyone had a Sonic Maximiser but they've virtually disappeared...)

[quote name='Stinkywhizzleteats' post='316963' date='Oct 28 2008, 06:35 PM']Have you tried a bit of compression on the flea bass? Might help to fatten the sound up. You could have a look at a Sonic Maximiser too, they add the fatness of valves but without the compression on the attack. (Years ago everyone had a Sonic Maximiser but they've virtually disappeared...)[/quote]

ive got a Berhinger comp, and my amp is full valve :S

• 5 months later...

Right, its definatly going this time. no longer just a feeler.

Im trimming down my gear. also getting rid of my Marshall VBA400 with VBC412 cab for something smaller and selling my Marshall (guitar) 100HDFX head with 412 cab if your into that sort of thing. GV-2 overdrive pedal, Boss Flanger pedal too.