Why become a member? ×

12v power supply

KennysFord

hey folks.
I use a maplins power suply for my DHA pedal.I had an inkling the P/S is noisy so ive tried it on a couple of my other pedals and its the same on them all.Switch over to battery power and the pedals are quiet.
Is there a decent alternative 12volt power supply available that anyone can recommend.
Thanks in advance.

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='315584' date='Oct 27 2008, 09:58 AM']hey folks.
I use a maplins power suply for my DHA pedal.I had an inkling the P/S is noisy so ive tried it on a couple of my other pedals and its the same on them all.Switch over to battery power and the pedals are quiet.
Is there a decent alternative 12volt power supply available that anyone can recommend.
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

We recommend the L49BR from Maplins, is that the one that is noisy?

Dave

I bought a few off Ebay recently from this seller for a couple of hard drives I have.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-110V-240V-Adapter-DC-12V-2-5A-Power-Supply-30W_W0QQitemZ250079662129QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250079662129&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-110V-240V-Adapter...p3286.m63.l1177[/url]

So far they're pretty good and have been staying nice and cool. Plus they work off 240 or 120v. You will need to make sure the plug fits your pedals however but even if it doesn't you could always rig an adaptor cable up to convert between plug sizes if you're handy with a soldering iron. The plugs on the ones I bought (as shown) are about 5.5mm.

Previous adaptors from Maplins just kept getting over heated and burning out. I was fed up with replacing them.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes,its the L49BR. If i'm honest dave its rendering my VT-1 unuseable.The background noise is terrible with your pedal and its a loud hum with both my boss and aphex compressors.
Cheers for the link CK,i'll check it out.
:)

PS,
Dave,
I just noticed the one you show on your website is'nt the one from maplins,where do i get the one one your website ?? I'll have one of you if you have one.
cheers.

Edited by kennyrodg

In a similar vein I'm looking for a +12v and -12v supply.

The T-Bone In-Ear Transmitter needs +12v

The Rolls PM351 Monitor Mixer needs -12v

both with respect to signal ground.

I'm also going to need -9v for the EBS

Maybe I'll just have to make one.

[quote name='obbm' post='316471' date='Oct 28 2008, 09:55 AM']In a similar vein I'm looking for a +12v and -12v supply.

The T-Bone In-Ear Transmitter needs +12v

The Rolls PM351 Monitor Mixer needs -12v

both with respect to signal ground.

I'm also going to need -9v for the EBS

Maybe I'll just have to make one.[/quote]
[url="http://www.geofex.com/circuits/+9_to_-9.htm"]http://www.geofex.com/circuits/+9_to_-9.htm[/url] flip reverse it! you can do 12v with that to

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='316375' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:39 AM']Thanks for the replies.
Yes,its the L49BR. If i'm honest dave its rendering my VT-1 unuseable.The background noise is terrible with your pedal and its a loud hum with both my boss and aphex compressors.
Cheers for the link CK,i'll check it out.
:)

PS,
Dave,
I just noticed the one you show on your website is'nt the one from maplins,where do i get the one one your website ?? I'll have one of you if you have one.
cheers.[/quote]

I sell 100's of L49BRs and they are totally noise free - it's either a faulty one or its another problem with the set up.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='317104' date='Oct 28 2008, 09:37 PM']I sell 100's of L49BRs and they are totally noise free - it's either a faulty one or its another problem with the set up.

Dave[/quote]

hi dave.
i got the VN10L from maplins today.it seems a lot quieter than the L49BR.maybe it's a faulty one after all.i'll do an A-B in the morning and report back. :)