Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Joining a pop-artist band...

Faithless

Before everything - this is a bit of not-short-story, but, I hope, you, guys, will help me.. :)

Sooo, I've just spotted an advertisment in my local forum, 'looking' for a pop/funk/rock bassist (actually only funky pop... i can tell that because of songs i've listened to :huh:... ), which could help in playing gigs, and, get a part of 'profit' of this, too...

Before [i]this[/i], I was (and, actually [i]am[/i]) playing in two bands, one is - Metallica coverband, other (which's actually two piece..) is modern metal , and, in other band-name, pop/rock covers band...

I've actually got a bit fed up of playing only heavy music (we don't do pop/rock cover-gigs presently..due to vocalist-related problems), and, also, I like funky/poppy music very much [esp playing Jamiroquai's and stuff :huh:], so, would like to try myself in... And, of course, get some decent money.. :huh:
(BTW, I'm going to leave 'Tallica coverband, if I join, so, I'll get some more proper free-time..)

So, that was the [i]good[/i] side of things. The 'worse' would be - I'm living in other city - ~63 miles from band-home...
Well, this isn't actually that bad, as I'm getting a car before long, and travelling to capital [band's studio..] is about only an hour...

Worse 'thingie' is, that I'm high-school graduate. I'm not 'struggling' there, but, you know... And, playing in other city wouldn't be such a problem to me, as it'd be to my parents.. :unsure: School-related stuff..

The 3rd thing [dunno, if it'd should be on good or bad side..] - my experience is about 2 years. I've got some great exp in summer, when I joined that two-piece band, but still...
Well, what I wanted to say about experience - I've never been in 'television' scenes [where you can't actually do mistakes and stuff...], and I've never done anything related to creating funky bass lines.. Oh, they said, that [i]most[/i] of material is done, but still, I'm a bit unwarranted of myself...

At last, I'd go in 'playing funky/poppy' band related thingies sooner, or later, buuuuuuuuut...
It's not bad chance at last, though, I'm not sure, if I should do this now...

Finally, [i]The Big Question[/i] goes in...

Dunno, if it sounds stupid, but, what do, ya, guys, think of it? :lol:

[b]Should I go for it?..[/b]

Edited by Faithless

If the commitment and travel isn't a problem then why not? I wouldn't worry about TV appearances and the rest of it, cross that bridge when you come to it. You have no idea about how long the thing is going to be together for anyway.

What about [i]The Thing's[/i] lasting... That girl [main person...] was participating in one of most popular reality-shows [music/singing stuff..] country-wide..
She didn't win it, but, made a quite good appearance in the whole thing..
Voice ain't bad too.

She's let one [i]single[/i] yet..

Seems quite popular in local-level. In other words, has not bad potentiality, in my eyes..

Here are few shows of her, for you, mates, to judge..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0tmuG_9ys...feature=related"]Funky[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3xaBuzeJ14...feature=related"]Lyric[/url]

Sorry, they're both phonograms, but, for the-big-picture...

BTW, don't say, I haven't warned ya - texts are in Lithuanian... :)

Edited by Faithless