Why become a member? ×

Unique CELINDER Update 4

eubassix

After waiting AGES (think years rather than months) for the (re)completion of this bass, thought I'd post it here .. as, whilst it's very much just a Jazz bass, it's quite a special one:-

Chris Celinder has completely refurbished the bass and returned it to (almost) its original spec. - as it was when Me'Shell first owned the bass. The only change(s) is/are to the EQ and knobs/switches: apparently, the stacked 2EQ and front mounted jack didn't work very well, so it's been updated to the current 'Update' spec. With an additional on/off switch to compensate for the additional (front) hole. It's a very attractive bass and really does play like a dream. However, I've decided that I won't be keeping it, so will place into the classifieds etc. once I have some idea of what it might be worth .. it's effectively a new Celinder Update, but it seems the original ownership might add to the value (.. particularly in Japan, I'm told, for some reason)...

Edited by eubassix
kiwi added youtube tags

Yep, dots and binding. The birdseye maple is also stunning (doesn't really show well in the photo). Still, if you're building for such a high profile player, then you're likely to pull-out the stops; or maybe it was specified by Me'Shell.

• 2 weeks later...