Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Precision White Blonde - SOLD
£250

Jono Bolton

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Precision in White Blonde.

I took this in a trade about 5 months ago but just haven't clicked with it.

It's in 9/10 condition, with just the faintest of scratches just next to the pickguard that I haven't been able to capture in a photograph, and are only visible in certain light, but for the purposes of honesty I'll mention them. When I took the bass the original pickguard had been painted black, badly. The original wasn't salvageable so I sourced a replacement from Strings Direct. There's also a crack in the tug bar, which only shows when you screw it right in. A quarter-turn backwards and it's fine. The knobs were mismatched when I got it so they were replaced with flat-top barrel knobs that I put on all my Ps.

Other than that, it's the usual Classic Vibe build and finish quality, and it plays nicely with a low action. I'm not sure what the body wood is; some sites say pine, others say basswood. It's definitely resonant, and when I took it up to the studio the other day I was surprised at how bright it sounds. Not the boomy thump I expected, although it's capable of that if you roll off the tone.

Price is £250 ONO. You can pick up the bass from me in Glasgow, or shipping at cost can be arranged. A Fender gig bag will be included in the sale. It works fine, but the strap button has worn a hole in the bottom.

Trades would be considered for a Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster, or one of the other CV range of guitars.

Edited by Jono Bolton

[quote name='Harlequin74' timestamp='1488229935' post='3247106']
How is my old Matt Freeman doing for you?
[/quote]

Both the Matt Freemans I've had came from eBay, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

If it was the black one, I've still got it and it's still going strong; it's my main bass. If it was the white one, I sold it (incidentally, to the guy I got this bass from, but a different transaction), and I wish I still had it.

Just got one of these. Bought the blue one that was up off Shambo. Would have preferred this colour though. I was a little bit worried about the thickness of the neck but it's fine. Its chunkier than my JV P but not what I've read in some reviews. Really like it. GLWTS

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1488307098' post='3247777']
Just got one of these. Bought the blue one that was up off Shambo. Would have preferred this colour though. I was a little bit worried about the thickness of the neck but it's fine. Its chunkier than my JV P but not what I've read in some reviews. Really like it. GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks Dunc, it's a very nice bass but it's just not for me. Took it in a trade to see what the fuss was about, it's definitely one of the nicer basses I've owned, the standard of finish is immaculate. Neck's nice, plays well, action is low, but just haven't clicked with it. Seems a shame to have it sitting doing nothing, and a guitar would be of more use to me at the minute than a second bass.