Why become a member? ×

The Brits.

leschirons

I've just watched a performance on the Brits where the song is seemingly entitled Shutdown. Now, I'm in no way criticising the artist or performance.

I fully understand that this guy's target audience does not include me but I could only get the one word (or maybe it's two) Shutdown.

It's all over for me isn't it. Especially as it crossed my mind that maybe he's singing about his local B&Q or Phones4U.

I feel like a dinosaur and it's getting near extinction time.😶

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1487799778' post='3243121']
What was that stuff popping up during The 1975 slagging them off, ironic or disgruntled employee?
[/quote]

I assumed it was part of their performance or some ploy as the singer had been getting vocal earlier about speaking up about stuff.

Update. The messages were out-takes from the actual video of that song.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1487799058' post='3243114']
I've just watched a performance on the Brits where the song is seemingly entitled Shutdown. Now, I'm in no way criticising the artist or performance.

I fully understand that this guy's target audience does not include me but I could only get the one word (or maybe it's two) Shutdown.

It's all over for me isn't it. Especially as it crossed my mind that maybe he's singing about his local B&Q or Phones4U.

I feel like a dinosaur and it's getting near extinction time.😶
[/quote]

I think it's probably a generational thing.

I'm 42, when I was growing up rap, hip hop and dance music were part of the mainstream & have always been on my playlist.

I remember Cliff Richard moaning about rap on Wogan in the 80s, complaining that it was just people talking over a beat.

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1487846944' post='3243441']
I do think it should be called the British "Pop" Music Industry awards. There's certainly a whole load more British Music that isn't represented at these things.
[/quote]
I was on the precursor to the Brits in 1981. You may be interested to know it was called "The British Rock & Pop Awards"