Why become a member? ×

Distortions

Finbar

Just FYI,

The pickle pie "B" is much different than my own pickle pie or the BYOC kit.

The pickle pie "B" is not a clone of anything. It simply uses the skeleton of the muff/pickle.

It has a fet-hybrid clip section (I'd tell you the "hybrid" and FET part but I cant give away all my secrets).
An active clean blend.
Tonestack made to accommodate bass and retain its usability as the fuzz is turned down.
A few major changes to how the pedal handles low-end signals.
also other small tweaks here and there that only slightly affect the overall tone.

And it makes you play as good as Jaco when you flip the magic "Jaco" switch.

As far as my original pickle pie and the BYOC "pickle" kit. I would imagine they would sound pretty similar. I've heard good things about all their kits (not that anyone asked me).

FYI, my favorite vintage muff is the PNP wired Ram's Head (uses 2n5087's).

matt

[quote name='Wren and Cuff' post='184248' date='Apr 24 2008, 02:07 AM']Just FYI,

The pickle pie "B" is much different than my own pickle pie or the BYOC kit.

The pickle pie "B" is not a clone of anything. It simply uses the skeleton of the muff/pickle.

It has a fet-hybrid clip section (I'd tell you the "hybrid" and FET part but I cant give away all my secrets).
An active clean blend.
Tonestack made to accommodate bass and retain its usability as the fuzz is turned down.
A few major changes to how the pedal handles low-end signals.
also other small tweaks here and there that only slightly affect the overall tone.

And it makes you play as good as Jaco when you flip the magic "Jaco" switch.

As far as my original pickle pie and the BYOC "pickle" kit. I would imagine they would sound pretty similar. I've heard good things about all their kits (not that anyone asked me).

FYI, my favorite vintage muff is the PNP wired Ram's Head (uses 2n5087's).

matt[/quote]

Hi Matt! Thanks for coming along to BassChat and sharing some information about your pedals. Welcome! - I'm off to check out your site now!

I'm looking for a very particular drive style, so I guess I will be looking over this thread for sound clips HINT HINT!!!

I'm even thinking about revisiting some plans I had a while back to build a preamp.. only this time it's gonna be a dirt box tone machine lol!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='steve-norris' post='92673' date='Nov 22 2007, 12:37 PM']Tayste_2000, how did you get on with the BAD MONKEY? I have just ordered a Humphrey modded bass version after hearing good reports, i will report in due course[/quote]

Yeah, I just ordered one too. Heard good things and it's not expensive. Can it do the Muse thing?

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='184077' date='Apr 23 2008, 08:12 PM']Just listened to the Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B. What a killer sound, im saving already.[/quote]
i've got one and its great :)

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='210874' date='Jun 2 2008, 12:10 AM']Yeah, I just ordered one too. Heard good things and it's not expensive. Can it do the Muse thing?[/quote]
no, not at all. its a low gain overdrive pedal at best settings

lol must be a hell of a mod then, my stock sounded god awful if you tried to turn the gain up, and even at top gain id call it a bit under a mid gain overdrive, certinly at best at low gain but id like to try a humphreys one now