Why become a member? ×

Can someone tell me what this is?

Maybe I'm just a bit dozy this morning but I can't for the life of me figure out what part of a bass or bridge this guy is selling?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Set-of-Quality-Bass-Bridges-Suit-P-J-Bass-etc-As-New_W0QQitemZ180298207634QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Set-of-Quality-Bass-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

I'm not taking the p*ss, I genuinely have sat looking at these 'bridges' and can only come to the conclusion it's a pair of saddles (in which case they are quite wide and is the brass coloured disc a string guide) or the guy is a numpty (option 3 I'm a numpty) and this has nothing to do with a P or J bass. The puzzling thing is he wants pick-up as he'd rather not post... for a bridge or saddle! :)

Someone put me out of my misery.

[quote name='cd_david' post='309680' date='Oct 19 2008, 10:02 AM']Looks like a pair of saddles pictured from the underside, Maybe 2 strings per saddle type, like a 51 precision?[/quote]

[quote name='~tl' post='309681' date='Oct 19 2008, 10:04 AM']They look like saddles for an early Fender style bridge – one of the ones that had two strings per saddle:[/quote]

That starts to make sense, I never considered the E/A D/G style early Fender saddles. What's that brass disc then and why the heck won't he post these out? :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='309691' date='Oct 19 2008, 10:25 AM']Is that the Wilkinson ones like they put on new 'Vintage' basses, they pivot in the middle to give awkward intonation adjustment on both strings, hence brassy pivot in the middle.[/quote]

That would make sense and if that's the case then I have learned my new thing for the day as I've I've never seen those before.

I feel better now!

[quote]I would prefer item was picked up, but can send by courier[/quote]

huh? He would prefer them to be picked up because they are too large to post easily? He can send them by courier because a small envelope with a first class stamp on isn't enough? I don't really understand any of his description or why he wants them collecting, let alone what the item actually is :wacko:

[quote name='Hamster' post='309810' date='Oct 19 2008, 01:40 PM']He's selling a few things, including a bass that was posted on another thread where he states, "This is a new ebay account and i have over 400 positive feedback on my other Ebay business account."

Then why make a new one?[/quote]

Tax innit. Sales on business account will get taxed as business income.

[quote name='Hamster' post='309810' date='Oct 19 2008, 01:40 PM']He's selling a few things, including a bass that was posted on another thread where he states, "This is a new ebay account and i have over 400 positive feedback on my other Ebay business account."

Then why make a new one?[/quote]

I didn't even twig that it was the guy with the 'suspect' 64 Jazz for sale... small world!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='309701' date='Oct 19 2008, 10:36 AM']That would make sense and if that's the case then I have learned my new thing for the day as I've I've never seen those before.

I feel better now![/quote]

buy them and stick them on that JD thumb of yours?