Why become a member? ×

2017 Bookings, How Are They Coming Along?

blue

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1485340494' post='3223192']
Absolutely rammed

Closed the books in November last year and took the first 2018 booking a couple of weeks ago. We have a couple of good regular bookings standing by for any cancellations as they didn't move quick enough when I contacted them late last summer saying we were getting a bit busy.

We usually do about 35/40 per year and currently have 47 for 2017. Its gone bonkers.......

And the good thing is we've dropped all the venues that were historically less preferable (for various reasons) and now only have ones we either really want to do or pay exceptionally well.
[/quote]

Pretty much exactly what I was going to write! We're usually fully booked by late-Sept for the following year, and have already got a few in the diary for 2018. We don't gig every weekend, but every weekend we can gig is booked.

Bit of a flaky start for us due to our singer having serious health problems just after Christmas.
All our Jan / Feb gigs have been rearranged now though, so will mean a busier time later on in 2017.
[url="http://www.elotribute.com"]http://www.elotribute.com[/url]

In the meantime, any deps before Feb 24th, then please give me a shout....

Edited by casapete

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1485441751' post='3223999']
Only 2 in January, 42 in for the year already though, will end up doing 50-60 but it feels a bit slower every year if I'm honest.

Les
[/quote]

42 bookings already, that's fantastic! Sounds like you guys really know how to produce.

Blue

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1485465345' post='3224226']
Just gone to 44 in the last hour, including this years first festival, so it's quite encouraging.
[/quote]

Our bookings are coming in one and two at a time. I think we had two come in for March this week.

As you know I've always bragged about our presence at Summerfest (World's largest music fest). We're a local support actraction. If you can get a Friday or Saturday slot at at least 3:00 it's great. However week days with a 12 noon slot when gates open at 10am not always so fun.Pay is the same regardless of time slot.

The band has played Summerfest for the last 10 years.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1485496237' post='3224350']

Our bookings are coming in one and two at a time. I think we had two come in for March this week.

As you know I've always bragged about our presence at Summerfest (World's largest music fest). We're a local support actraction. If you can get a Friday or Saturday slot at at least 3:00 it's great. However week days with a 12 noon slot when gates open at 10am not always so fun.Pay is the same regardless of time slot.

The band has played Summerfest for the last 10 years.

Blue
[/quote]

The photos you've put up before do look fantastic

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1485502125' post='3224365']

The photos you've put up before do look fantastic
[/quote]

It's not a bad pic. It was taken by a pro at Summerfest on the Harley Stage.

You can see I drifted away from my mic. If a picture is being taken, I'm going g to be in it.

Blue