Why become a member? ×

Doing it all wrong!

stingrayPete1977

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1483301425' post='3206067']

You mean you played covers ? !!!

Surely the audience would have preferred 20 original orinigals , could you not provide that ?
[/quote]

Well we asked them if they wanted to hear our Lesbian Grime Rock set but they said they'd prefer the regular stuff, maybe next year.

Thinking a band is more important than the disco !!
who is top billing when it comes to room on stage or who ends up in corner of the room. Are the rules still It's who gets the gear out of the van first.

BTW your photo shows you are taking up far too much of the dance floor :o

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1483303588' post='3206099']

Left most of my gear at the venue and picked it up this morning.....very naughty.
[/quote]

It was a bit of jaunt so I didn't want to back, I'd rather get home later but only need to put the house straight the next day.

Our ex drummer always left his kit on friday nights at an open mic we did last friday of the month at a hotel, he turned up just as the full englishes were being served up every saturday, no as stupid as he looked maybe.

I would think that a big 'smiley face' EQ setting on a classic Gibson era Trace Elliot amp through mismatched 2x12 and 1x15 cabs from different manufacturers would be Basschat laws to be broken. Adding a bit of dirt from a Boss DS1 with no blend option would also be a great way to further diversify and enhance the sound.

Don't go there Tim, I nearly got that anal

I did get the gear out of the garage a to warm up and dry out prior to new year, checked any major items that evaded the PAT testing, also robbed the Christmas tree extension cable and had to switch off Bambi on the porch roof to be able to do the New year gig. ;)

[quote name='scalpy' timestamp='1483309068' post='3206155']
Did you play a calm opening number to break the crowd in gently or go straight for the jugular with an uptempo number? Both ways are wrong.
[/quote]

Ha that made me chuckle, you can't win on Basschat can you.

FWIW it was Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders.

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1483314892' post='3206196']
It's as rock and roll as having a digital mixer. :lol:

I used to gaffa tape all mine down as well by the way, just to be sure. My stage setups were nothing if not neat. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

It keeps the idiots that can't help but get on the stage area from tripping over the wires, by that I mean me, :D

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1483315820' post='3206204']
Gold plated oxygen free kettle leads with 3A fuses.
[/quote]

I did notice that the Energizer battery in the Stingray that I used for the whole gig lacked a little heft, I shall go back to Duracell for the live stuff from now on and keep the Energizers for the studio in future, rookie error.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1483353466' post='3206373']
Ha that made me chuckle, you can't win on Basschat can you.

FWIW it was Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders.
[/quote]

Have you got a Chrissie Hindquarters lookalike in your band then? You HAVE?!? Get me on the VIP list immediately for your next appearance.