Why become a member? ×

** GONE** Fender USA P Bass (New model)- As new **GONE**

Old Horse Murphy

I'm thinking of selling my 2008 Fender USA Precision as basically it's not getting any use at all at the moment since I took delivery of my Shuker 5 String P bass and the Fender Custom Shop Jazz.

Over the last few gigs I have (again!!) been struggling to hear the bass properly due to hearing problems caused by various head injuries over my rugby playing career. For a while it seemed to get better, but the last 2 gigs I used it for I couldn't hear it at all. This became more apparent after using the Jazz bass last week which I could hear perfectly.

I'd rather move it on than bastardize it with changing pickups etc. However, if I don't get what I'm looking for I'll be happy enough to hang on to it.

It's a 2008 new model USA P bass with lightweight tuners and larger mass bridge. It's got the nicest sunburst I've seen and is spotless.

Playability-wise, it's honestly one of the nicest basses I've ever played. Condition-wise there's not a mark on it. It's fitted with TI Flats also.

I'm looking for £700 for it (or £665 without the case) which I think is a more than fair price for what is essentially a new bass (with the great new Fender case too).

I'd really want this picked up or I'll meet half way rather than sending by courier. I will if absolutely necessary.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='OldGit' post='307646' date='Oct 16 2008, 09:41 AM']Wow, Nick, I hope you can sort things out before you run out of money... :)

That's a lovely looking bass .. shame my Precision 4 string needs are rather more bashed and mashed than that ...[/quote]

I think I'll stick with the Jazz and Shuker now Si and put the money away for a rainy day (or until something I really fancy comes along!!) I knew I was pushing my luck with a P bass again, but my heart won over my (battered) head.

Oh well, better to have loved and lost....

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='307654' date='Oct 16 2008, 09:48 AM']I think I'll stick with the Jazz and Shuker now Si and put the money away for a rainy day (or until something I really fancy comes along!!) I knew I was pushing my luck with a P bass again, but my heart won over my (battered) head.

Oh well, better to have loved and lost....[/quote]

Sure ... Should find a home pretty fast

Buy It! BUY IT!!! Man that would look so sweet next to your Shuker P5 ...

No No no! You must wait for the right battered Japanese P bass at the right price! You couldn't hand this to jammers and walk away without worrying!. Be Sensible!

[quote name='OldGit' post='307663' date='Oct 16 2008, 09:55 AM']Sure ... Should find a home pretty fast

Buy It! BUY IT!!! Man that would look so sweet next to your Shuker P5 ...

No No no! You must wait for the right battered Japanese P bass at the right price! You couldn't hand this to jammers and walk away without worrying!. Be Sensible![/quote]

I'll leave it to Mrs Doyle to reply Si...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='308109' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:53 PM']Now I'm really confused! I could have sworn Nick was selling a black 08 Am Std a couple of months ago... Where'd this one come from? :huh:

Rich.[/quote]

I sold it Rich- I couldn't get on with the half-satin half varnished -neck. The rosewood board is far nicer in my opinion. Now with my bloody deafness (or whatever it is) playing up it was a it of a pointless exercise.

Jeez, you have to get up early in the morning to get something past you!! :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='308123' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:15 PM']LOL Nick! :brow: It just caught my eye (fired up some old neurons somewhere!) and also my guilt, as here was I telling everyone how great the Am Std Precisions were (including mine) then I traded mine for my 5-string Status S2. Ah well![/quote]

I totally agree Rich- if this was more audible to me it would replace all my basses as number 1. It's the best quality Fender I've owned. They really seem to have got their quality control right (finally!)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='308113' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:03 PM']Now with my bloody deafness (or whatever it is) playing up it was a it of a pointless exercise.[/quote]

Tinnitus is killing me at the mo as well Nick - don't understand it, only in one ear as well (the Elacin plugs have their limitations after all!).
Your old P bass is stuck in the bedroom at the mo and I'm having to use the Ray to get around it until it hopefully settles down.
How did you get around the problem with your Shuker P 5 - is it naturally less 'P like'?

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='308539' date='Oct 17 2008, 12:54 PM']I think the EMG's help a lot mart, but they're quite a Marmite sound. It's not a bass I'd use for every song.

Bloody nightmare eh? Shall we start a Deaf Bassists Club?[/quote]
Pardon?

I'll get me coat

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='308539' date='Oct 17 2008, 12:54 PM']I think the EMG's help a lot mart, but they're quite a Marmite sound. It's not a bass I'd use for every song.

Bloody nightmare eh? Shall we start a Deaf Bassists Club?[/quote]

Might have to Nick, gotta feeling that soon the only way I'll hear the bass is through my feet :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='307443' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:37 PM']Blimey Nick, you're right about the sunburst - looks as good as a double-the-price Sadowsky NYC Ultra-vintage and much nicer than the sunburst on my US P bass

Good luck with the sale[/quote]

Is it wrong that I was thinking if I had the money I would buy this sand it down and paint it pink?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='311031' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:19 AM']Is it wrong that I was thinking if I had the money I would buy this sand it down and paint it pink?[/quote]

Wayne, if John Entwistle can do it I'm sure you can too!!

Maybe you could go for the same colour scheme as Pino Palladino's Signature model P Bass. I think it's lovely. It even has TI Flats fitted too :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='311059' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:41 AM']Wayne, if John Entwistle can do it I'm sure you can too!!

Maybe you could go for the same colour scheme as Pino Palladino's Signature model P Bass. I think it's lovely. It even has TI Flats fitted too :)[/quote]

It's nice but I was thinking more like [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/xsinfulx/IMG_0002_2.jpg"]this[/url].

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='311086' date='Oct 21 2008, 10:10 AM']Yeah I don't do dull colours, wait till you see the Stingray I'm spraying this weekend :huh:

Anyway the P bass looks awesome it really sucks about your hearing, maybe you should get a louder amp :huh:[/quote]

or a quieter band :)