Why become a member? ×

NBD. Yes it's Peavey. Again !!

kodiakblair

I'll admit to never giving these much thought,surprising since I have almost every Peavey model. They're aimed at the "Metal " crowd and that's not really me :)

This Void had been on eBay for a while,actually thought it had went last week. I've a feeling it's come from the auction when
Peavey UK closed it's doors and was either a QC fail or a return.

It was missing the bridge pickup and control cavity cover. At £50 I'd hit "Buy it Now" before I realised it :D My Hermes have managed
to snap the tip from one of the headstock horns but that's the extent of any damage.

Good news was I had a spare pickup that fitted so 40 minutes after unpacking it was playing grand.
Spec is maple thru neck with basswood wings so it's very light. 42mm nut and 12" radius rosewood board.
I'd have thought they'd have went for 24 frets but it's 21 instead.

Same 3 band EQ electronics as the Cirrus,handy if it'd turned out a dud as there's no Cirrus preamps left at Peavey spares dept.
That should change if the Cirrus reissue ever happens.

Only had half hour with it today and all seems well. Another surprise is the lack of neck dive, could be 3" strap I use but it hangs
nicely.

For £70 delivered I think I did rather well :)
[attachment=234002:VOID PXD.jpg]

[quote name='grayn' timestamp='1481803838' post='3195264'] Cool bass, congrats. Amazing there's no neck dive, with that shape. Well done Peavey. [/quote]

By all rights it should dive like a diving thing.The usual cause like a large headstock is present and no upper horn extending to near the 12th fret !!

Aye it's a puzzler ? No that I'm complaining mind :)