Why become a member? ×

Sorted pending the usual - Lakland Skyline Jo Osborn V

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

OK, I'm considering selling this as I have a tour coming up and still have stuff I need and this just isn't getting used at all due to me playing double bass these days, in very good condition and includes a Warwick gig bag, would prefer you to collect, or meet halfaway within reasonable travelling distance, happy for you to try it out, I am based in Islington, central London.

£750

Edited by subaudio

I would imagine so for £750- if not, I'll take it (no joke :))

I had a JO5 before and it was one of the best constructed and sounding basses I've ever had the misfortune (stupidity?) to let go. I just couldn't get on with the 35" scale sadly.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Guest subaudio

[quote name='funkmunky' post='306345' date='Oct 14 2008, 04:02 PM']Is this the Skyline model?[/quote]

Hiya mate, yes it is, I bought it used from the Bass Gallery about three years ago.

[quote name='subaudio' post='306352' date='Oct 14 2008, 04:08 PM']Hiya mate, yes it is, I bought it used from the Bass Gallery about three years ago.[/quote]

Looking on the Lakland website its the US version that comes in CAR. I guess things might have changed in three years though.
Im tempted and live at old st but i really want to have a look at a DJ5 first so i wont commit just yet.

Have a bump for a great bass guitar. I got a blue JO5 in a 3 way exchange with Thunderthumbs and i have to say its quite possibly the best bass i have played with the Fralin PU's. Solid B, lovely neck, amazing tones, Pots that actually work smoothly up and down!, i bloody loves it! It whips my 75 reissue fender by miles! I tried a DH and yeah similar but the Fralins on the JO does it for me. A fantastic jazz bass, imo better than fender, and i shall pick up this appreciation post with the new buyer......

Guest subaudio

Cheers guys, it is a very sweet bass, and I'm sure one I will regret selling but it's just not getting played since I took up double bass, in fact I had forgotten that it is in candy apple red [u]sparkle[/u] finish, I have taken some pics and will post tonight.

[quote name='subaudio' post='306817' date='Oct 15 2008, 07:16 AM']Cheers guys, it is a very sweet bass, and I'm sure one I will regret selling but it's just not getting played since I took up double bass, in fact I had forgotten that it is in candy apple red [u]sparkle[/u] finish, I have taken some pics and will post tonight.[/quote]

Yeah, i was surprised how nice the finish on my DD was when it arrived. You dont really see the sparkle in the pics but in the flesh its lovely (in a cabaret sort of way :-)
I notice there seems to be a lot more JO5's around than DJ5's. Any idea's why?

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='306847' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:03 AM']Yeah, i was surprised how nice the finish on my DD was when it arrived. You dont really see the sparkle in the pics but in the flesh its lovely (in a cabaret sort of way :-)
I notice there seems to be a lot more JO5's around than DJ5's. Any idea's why?[/quote]

The JO5 had a good head start (came out first). Only reason I can think of really!

Guest subaudio

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='306892' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:10 AM']is this a usa made?[/quote]

Hi there, no it's a Skyline model, but lacks nothing for it :)

[quote name='subaudio' post='307705' date='Oct 16 2008, 10:38 AM']Hey all

Thanks for all the intrest, a deal has now been struck pending the usual.[/quote]

Did you go for the Duck Dunn then? If it falls through call me ;-)

Edited by dave_bass5