Why become a member? ×

It feels good..........

paddy109

To finally nail a song that you have been struggling with!

I have been trying on and off to learn Stay With Me by The Faces for a little while now and I finally got a passable version laid down tonight. I must admit there is room for improvement but I'm pleased!!!!

Does the above sound familiar?

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1480025229' post='3181193']
I'm struggling with the two origonal songs that I'm recordingh/videoing on Saturday. I haven't had a problem with them at all until I have 2 days to go :)
Wish me luck
[/quote]
good luck, just relax and let your hands do their thang :)

when we recorded our CD, our new manager waited until take 3 to ask, "can't you play something completely different?" after hearing us play it for years lol. killed my confidence, band broke up soon after :)

after years of cramping at verse 1 of YYZ, I can now play it all the way thru. Not quite nailing it, but it sounds passable now :) If I was to play it live now, you'd say "good on him for having a go, but should've waited til he nailed it"

I'm sure we would just say "good on him"

I bet loads of bands split after being in a recording studio!

Check out this site www.sykestranscription.com found it through Basschat a while back.

Ronnies Lanes bass lines on all the songs from A Nods is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse are there as a free downloadable zip file. Along with a huge amount of other artists.

You are spot on Ivan, totally agree, nice to see what Ronnie played on the album though !

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1480025229' post='3181193']
I'm struggling with the two origonal songs that I'm recordingh/videoing on Saturday. I haven't had a problem with them at all until I have 2 days to go :)
Wish me luck
[/quote]
[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1480048361' post='3181275']
good luck, just relax and let your hands do their thang :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.
I'm happy with our performance. I wasn't playing bass this time as I was playing lead guitar and singing. Thats not my preferred instrument.
The guys in the studio were very relaxed and professional, which helped a great deal