Wan

[quote name='Wan' timestamp='1479992661' post='3180833']
Hi folks,
Are these Ampeg combo's any good ?
Are they loud enough for gigging etc..

Cheers Wan...
[/quote]

Hi Wan

I actually have one. I had a problem at a gig (it lost volume} about a year ago and just took it out the trailer and chucked it in the living room and never looked at it cos' I have a few combo's available. And a bit of laziness on my part if I'm honest.

Fired it up the other day as I'm the house bass player at a jam night restarting next Wednesday and need an amp to leave there and after a fiddle/twist with all the knobs it's working again. Think the "style" knob was a bit bolloxed but it seems ok now so I'm going to use it.

I liked it to be honest, thought it sounded decent, liked the features, DI pre/post, XLR and jack, and it's quite light and on castors. As for loudness well I only monitor on stage as the PA does the work but it will be all I'm using at the jam night and I think it will be up to it.

Anyway the upshot of that long winded reply is that if you want to hear it/try it you're in Cheshire and the jam night is in Ashton In Makerfield so you'd be more than welcome to have a play with it or indeed try it in anger with the band.

Les

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1480018348' post='3181120']
Anyway the upshot of that long winded reply is that if you want to hear it/try it you're in Cheshire and the jam night is in Ashton In Makerfield so you'd be more than welcome to have a play with it or indeed try it in anger with the band.

Les
[/quote]

Does he get an invite to the kebab house after though?

Not to be harsh and I know a few are for sale but the ba300 & 600 in all speaker configs were one of the poorest reviewed ampeg products of all time.
Look on talkbass and product reviews on retail sites to get an idea of what I mean. I nearly bought one and I'm glad I didn't.

Your maybe better off getting a new ampeg v2 combo. They sound great!, Although when I went to test the new v2 combos they had some rattles. But they can't all be bad.

I own a BA600-115 and funnily enough, i thought it was maybe a tad under powered, in the fact that i thought the speaker driver wasn't manning up to the amp

I took it round to a mate who stuck his active 5 string through it, and wound the combo up. I thought ' here we go ' voice coil met down or suspension collapse, or something.

Nothing, not a jot. He kept his foot on the throttle till stuff started to wobble about on his shelves. That was pretty loud, is all i can say. Seems i wasnt giving the combo enough beans, so
basically it likes to be pushed, with bass input rolled off just a tad on the guitar

Edited by fleabag

I was interested in the BA210v thingy as it had cool features and was just within my budget. I thought that, being an Ampeg, surely you can't go wrong. As I do before trying any gear, I read a load of reviews online beforehand, and the biggest problem with these BA models seems to be reliability - lack of, to be precise. Various sites, hosting numerous reviews, had details of power problems with these amps, along with rattles and concerning noises. One review said these are the worst amps Ampeg have ever made. Now, this did put me off, but an equal amount of reviews did state that the amps sounded fabulous, and puh-lenty of bassists appear to be delighted with their BAs, and plenty have had no problems whatsoever. Considering this, and with the warranty providing some peace of mind, try one out and see what you think. It could be that you love tha amp and have no troubles with it. They do appear very inconsistent in build quality terms, so maybe you'll be fine. Sorry to be such a Negative Nick, but I saw enough bad reviews to make me nervous, and it bears mention before you part with your green queens.