Why become a member? ×

SOLD Handbox R400 Bass Amp.
£450

TPJ

Selling my HB R400. Hand built amp with a 3 valve preamp and class A/B power. 400 watts @ 4ohms. You can get a great range of tones from this using the eq section and contour. The DI out sounds lovely. This amp doesn't have the extra lights at the front. It was sent as a trial amp to a member here and then I bought it. It has a few scuffs on the case and front from my use, but is in perfect working order.

I'm selling because my 8 ohm Fearless F112 speaker is greedy and this doesn't quite give me enough. It sounded great with other speakers I've tried but I only use the F112 now so I've decided to let this amp go. I've swapped the first preamp valve for a lower gain version to get more clean gain. The original preamp valve is included or swapped back.

SOLD

It looks bigger than it is in the photos ;)

Edited by TPJ

Your bananas look quite ripe. Maybe only a few more days before they turn. Possibly consider making a nice banana loaf with them if you're not going to eat them soon. Also bananas don't like other fruit, so I'd keep them apart from your apples.

[quote name='pbasspecial' timestamp='1478603332' post='3170157']
Your bananas look quite ripe. Maybe only a few more days before they turn. Possibly consider making a nice banana loaf with them if you're not going to eat them soon. Also bananas don't like other fruit, so I'd keep them apart from your apples.
[/quote]

Yes, I like them a little spotty...just about perfect now. They'll be gone quickly as myself and my son both eat them. The other fruit goes quickly too, thanks ;)

Edited by TPJ

[quote name='pbasspecial' timestamp='1478603332' post='3170157']
[/quote]

Best post on an FS ad ever :D

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1478792197' post='3171686']
If you have a 4-ohm cab, volume will not be a concern....
[/quote]

It would be fine with just about any 8 ohm cab too. The F112 I use is a bit inefficient but it can take quite a lot of power. The R400 sounds great at lower volumes but our band usually run just vocals in the PA so I need more volume than I can coax out of it.

[quote name='pbasspecial' timestamp='1479565632' post='3177519']
Are only 2 of your bananas fair trade and the other ones couldn't care less about the working conditions of third world farmers?
You sir, have semi - racist fruit.
From U pick to Ukip.
[/quote]

Not semi-racist, but maybe [i]skint [/i]and looking for a better existence. Bananas have a hard life.

Speaking of fair trade, I may be open to offers of a trade for a nice P bass if that helps get this nice amp out of my equipment cupboard and onto the stage where it belongs, making lovely sounds. PM me any trade offers.

• 2 weeks later...