Why become a member? ×

World Class Song Writing

blue

Not for everyone, mostly for older hard core fans.

For the older hard core fans. This clip is a historical reflection on great song writing, singing, showmanship and professionaism.

What a great set list, all favorites for me.

https://youtu.be/GxcSUiHnhag

Blue

Rather good and not what I was expecting to be honest.

My mum saw them live in Birmingham at around the same time and regards it as a horrendous experience.

Not the Beatle's fault, it was the constant deafening screaming and the lack of bladder control from some audience members stinking the place out.

She didn't hear a note they played, though she did enjoy Chubby Checker's supporting set.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1478031677' post='3166241']
Apparently they played at my local church hall. I was about minus 20 at the time, so don't remember anything about it :).
[/quote]

I think they played all sorts of small & unlikely venues before they became really huge, including Smethwick Swimming Baths, my mum's twin sister went to that one.

Edited by Cato

A Good Post, and a solemn (well, not as solemn as all that...) reminder that there was Life before d&b monitors, or IEM's, that one does not systematically need ear protection if the drummer's good, and that 1kw for a bass amp is not the only way to be heard. No pedal boards, either, no DI, no ... well, no anything, really. Just good old-school talent and honed quality. A Good Post; thanks for sharing.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1478044261' post='3166394']
You don't need to add disclaimers Blue. This is quality stuff.

Ringo sounded great, all out of key and nervous 😃
[/quote]

Can I be the first to bring out the old chesnut about 'Ringo not being the best drummer in the Beatles'...?

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1478033226' post='3166270']
A Good Post, and a solemn (well, not as solemn as all that...) reminder that there was Life before d&b monitors, or IEM's, that one does not systematically need ear protection if the drummer's good, and that 1kw for a bass amp is not the only way to be heard. No pedal boards, either, no DI, no ... well, no anything, really. Just good old-school talent and honed quality. A Good Post; thanks for sharing.
[/quote]

I'm still amazed at their sound when there was barely any technology for live performance.

Watching and studying these clips has been a huge help to me in improving my background vocal abilities.

Blue

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1478044261' post='3166394']
You don't need to add disclaimers Blue. This is quality stuff.

Ringo sounded great, all out of key and nervous 😃
[/quote]

All the guys I grew up with learning to play and starting bands in our little East Coast community of young Black musicians in the mid 60s got the bug and inspiration from the United Artist Film release, "A Hard Days Night".

To this day when someone mentions The Beatles, we all still say;

"Those guys had it together like no others"

Blue