Why become a member? ×

Michael Casswell RIP

leschirons

Yup, I've just been reading the news myself. I've worked along side Cass for many years at Guitar Interactive Magazine. We saw each other often between filming, I'd recorded demo bass for some of his tracks in the past and I was fortunate enough to have performed my favourite MC songs with Michael on stage a few years ago.

Totally in shock, I could't believe what I was reading. A great musician with a huge amount of talent taken too soon. RIP Cass.

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1475500823' post='3146403']
Among other things he played in an Essex covers band east of Java that played the same pub circuit that my old covers band Hedgehog played. Tragic

[/quote] Yes, they used to do the Cauliflower and the Castlemayne. Excellent band. He'll be sorely missed.

You were in Hedgehog? My Mrs has just posted a video of theirs on Facebook. Live at the Mayne. Another good band. Probably saw you play at some point in the past.

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1475506560' post='3146457']
Yes, they used to do the Cauliflower and the Castlemayne. Excellent band. He'll be sorely missed.

You were in Hedgehog? My Mrs has just posted a video of theirs on Facebook. Live at the Mayne. Another good band. Probably saw you play at some point in the past.
[/quote]i left quite a few years ago

Edited by gareth

This is terrible news. I saw MC play in a small pub in Worthing once about 30 years ago. Even back then,he was stand out special and every one knew it. Inspiring. A friend of mine has played with MC in various line ups including East Of Java who knew him very well and is obviously very saddened by this. I didn't know him personally but would have liked to. A well respected and much loved musician and friend to a lot of people. RIP MC