Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Highway One USA
£425

SimonH

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
Moving a few basses on (see others on here)...[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
This is my 2008/2009 Fender Jazz Highway One in what I think is Burgundy Mist (don’t hold me to that; someone told me it was transparent wine, or something) with satin Nitro finish (it’s supposed to age easily), Badass bridge, graphite neck rods and Greasebucket tone circuit. It’s a lightweight alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard and what I think I remember as being Di Marzio passive pick-ups (again, don't hold me to that! – I thought the stock pups were a bit feeble and I have a thing for Di Marzios, so I definitely swapped them). The sound is classic Jazz – honky at the bridge, P-ish at the neck and scooped with both on.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
No issues with the bass. It’s in good condition – two small pinholes on the top swirls on the back. Neck is straight and clean, everything working, no pot noises, etc. Can’t remember what the strings are but they’re fairly new and still zingy.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
According to the serial, the bass was made at the Corona Plant, USA in 2008 – 2009, Production Number: 171025[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
The price is £425 if I have to drive anywhere; if you come and get it it's £400. For a USA Jazz. Honestly.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
I have no case and nothing I could ship her in, so it’s collection only from Spalding in Lincs, or I can arrange to meet in a triangle roughly between Grantham on the A1, Peterborough on the A1 south, and King’s Lynn in the east.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
Not really into trades because I’m saving for a combination of 2 x single 12in cabs and a class D head.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
Here are the specs:
• Body: Alder (Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
• Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape, (Satin Urethane Finish)
• Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
• No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
• Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Greasebucket[size=4]™[/size] Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass)
• Bridge: Leo Quan Badass[size=4]®[/size] II Bridge with 4 Pre-Grooved Saddles
• Machine Heads: Standard
• Hardware: Chrome
• Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
• Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
• Width at Nut: 1.50" (38 mm)
• Unique Features: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Body Finish, BADASS II[size=4]™[/size]Bridge with Grooved Saddles, Posiflex[size=4]™[/size] Graphite Neck Support Rods, '70s Headstock Logo, White Dot Position Inlays
• Made in the USA[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
Cheers, Simon H

PS I just noticed I have the D string on the wrong saddle groove. This offends my OCD and I apologise. [/font][/color]

Naw, many thanks, but get it selt.

Like you, lot of interest/trade offers on my two but neither gone yet.

Cracking bass at that price, won't be on here long.

Edit. Mind, if I do end up getting it, I require your DNA cotton budding out of that bridge pup :lol:

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='SimonH' timestamp='1473419553' post='3130035']
Burgundy Missed, then? 😀
[/quote]

Possibly the greatest joke made on a forum ever.

(I thought it was Crimson Red Transparent but it could also be Mdnight Wine Transparent)