Why become a member? ×

Buying Suggestions - second bass rig!

sdguitars

Folks,

I'm a bass novice (but have played guitar for a number of years) looking to upgrade my bass rig from a Fender Bassman 150. I play in a prog rock band and the poor BassMan is flat out during rehearsals.

I'm looking to upgrade to something a little more capable. When I'm gigging I can line out okay to the PA - but I need that backline thump to let me know I 'm still there! Wattage-wise - I figure I'm looking at around the 350W mark... budget wise, looking at spending no more than £600 (so I guess there's no Ampeg fitting in here!).

I've been told the Hartke 3500 is a good choice, as are Ashdown. I play a 5-string Yamaha TRB (old style) and a Fender Jazz. I also have a Novation Bass Station rack unit which I'll be using with Roland PK-5 pedals.

Combo? Separates? Rack-mounted? Any suggestions? Apologies if advice guides are held elsewhere in the forums.... that's what you get for being a novice forum user!

Rocking Rooster was selling Roland combo's dead cheap & was I was gonna get one before I got the MB. About £400 for the 15 & £450 for the 210. Should fit your bill.

If you want ampeg, they can be had for your sort of money, you can get a 4x10 & b2re for about £600 but IMO they're kaka.