Why become a member? ×

Ashdown NEO Combo (UK) *SOLD*
£425

jay-syncro

Now reduced to just £350.

I've only had the combo for a few months so it's pretty much as-new, and has done a great job for gigs and rehearsals. It only weighs 53 lbs so is much more manageable than the combos of old. In fact I usually carry this in one hand, lead bag in the other and throw my bass bag on my back. Marvellous.

It's a UK built model, offers 500w and incorporates a high end Sica driver, as well as all the usual Ashdown features such as a tube preamp, great sounding compressor and on board sub octave.

Collection/trial in Margate, although I have all the original packaging so postage could be an option.

Edited by jay-syncro

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1472804576' post='3124339']
That's a terrific price for one of these. The UK-made Ashdown stuff is really top notch.

Nice basses too ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for the comment, I believe the head alone was around £700 before it was discontinued.

The Celinder and Alpher are great, the Wal is currently 'on loan' 😍

Open to offers, chaps 😎

Edited by jay-syncro

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1473768724' post='3132920']
I have the head version & it's the best amp i've ever had i also have the 1000w version , Great price .
[/quote]

Thanks for the endorsement, it really is a lot of amp for the money. These were around £1000 up until recently...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1475427669' post='3145831']
I am confused. You mention a combo and a head. I see no head in the pic. Do you mean you have removed the amp section from the combo making it a cab? I may have been interested in a combo.
[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion, I intend to remove the amp section from the combo and sell the cab alone. I haven't done so as yet, so the combo is still available.

I'm being quite fickle with this, but I now need to sell the combo as a whole as I made an impromptu purchase yesterday. I'm now asking just £350 for this great piece of kit, which is still available new for over £1000!

Edited by jay-syncro

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1476790930' post='3157215']
I just can't believe this is still here ,It's the only digital Head that I've had that doesn't sound like a typical digital head .
[/quote]

I can't either, Kevin. I think a lot of the 'Class D sound' comes from the use of switch mode power supplies, which is maybe why this sounds more beefy as it has a proper toroidal transformer.

It seems folk are happy to pay £300 for a distortion pedal that sounds like a bee in a jam jar, but this is of little interest.

I may end up keeping it as a studio/backup amp as it's really rather good...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm, tempting, having just bought a TC Elec 800w head and Markbass NY151 I now found a new idea. Is this Ashdown some kind of digital hybrid? sorry not up to date with their new stuff, I had an old ABM 1x15 combo years ago, love their warmth and grunt, and clarity which you can find with ashdown, is this in that territory or is that too much to ask at this price, also I see you can add an extension cab, very interested now, shouldn't be as I need to sell really before I buy, but....GAS,

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='jembullo' timestamp='1478382127' post='3168795']
Hello there, is that 500w through the internal speaker or do you have to add an extension to get that power?
[/quote]

Hi, it's 500w into a 4ohm load, so you would need an extension cab to achieve that. It's seriously loud on its own though.

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' timestamp='1478383225' post='3168809']
Hmmmm, tempting, having just bought a TC Elec 800w head and Markbass NY151 I now found a new idea. Is this Ashdown some kind of digital hybrid? sorry not up to date with their new stuff, I had an old ABM 1x15 combo years ago, love their warmth and grunt, and clarity which you can find with ashdown, is this in that territory or is that too much to ask at this price, also I see you can add an extension cab, very interested now, shouldn't be as I need to sell really before I buy, but....GAS,

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker
[/quote]

Hi, it sounds like an Ashdown should, i.e warm and meaty but without the excess weight of their previous combos. It features the classic Ashdown preamp mated to a class D poweramp with proper toroidal transformer and top end Sica driver. This means high performance and low weight. It was around £1k new so certainly not cheap, it's a bargain at £350!