Why become a member? ×

Sale/Trade 87 JD Warwick Thumb 4

warwickhunt

I was going to keep this 87 Thumb purely because it's a golden oldie from Warwick but there's not much point having it if I'm never going to gig it (and I won't).

The bass is generally in great condition for 21 years old. It has been a 'players' bass and as such there is wear around the top of the pickups (proper early EMGs) and parallel with the E string but this would be considered mojo on a Fender and is barely noticeable from a distance. No issues with the bass and I'm about to strip, clean, wax and set it up with a fresh set of Warwick EMP strings.

Other than looking fantastic it has the lovely early Warwick slim neck, which you can get a bit more info on by visiting the Warwick forum or have a look through the thread on this forum re. Warwicks. Being the early JD model (truss rod plate is logo'd) it has the sculpted headstock rear and the tuning spacers (which are intact).

With regard to what I want.

I'm 'mainly' interested in a nice NT Spector or 'early' Warwick Streamer Stage I (no later than 89 and the earlier the better), though I could be swayed for something like a Zon or similar unusual and light bass. If the Spector is a USA I'll balance it out with cash or if it's a Euro LX etc then cash the other way. A deal with an unusual/rare Streamer 'could' involve me looking at putting cash to it but only for one or two specific Warwick Ltd Ed basses that I have in mind.

PM me what you have.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='300074' date='Oct 5 2008, 07:39 PM']Nice :huh:

I don't want to do this to myself, however, do you have a cash price in mind?[/quote]

There's always a cash price in mind Ben :huh:

I do have to admit if I sell it there's a fair chance that SWMBO will spirit the money away for another house project, so a trade would be best. :) Saying that I do know of the whereabouts of a nice Spector which a sale might get me closer to...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='300148' date='Oct 5 2008, 07:54 PM']There's always a cash price in mind Ben :huh:

I do have to admit if I sell it there's a fair chance that SWMBO will spirit the money away for another house project, so a trade would be best. :) Saying that I do know of the whereabouts of a nice Spector which a sale might get me closer to...[/quote]

A pre 90's thumb is one ive been after for a while now, could you possibly pm me with a cash price in mind?
Thanks

[quote name='funkyhobbit' post='300782' date='Oct 6 2008, 08:13 PM']I hope its not mine your talking about, it went a couple of days ago :)[/quote]

Ah... I snoozed, I losed!

[quote name='kevbass' post='300787' date='Oct 6 2008, 08:23 PM']A pre 90's thumb is one ive been after for a while now, could you possibly pm me with a cash price in mind?
Thanks[/quote]

Hmmm, see above. The nice Spector is now gone, so cash isn't an imperative. :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='300827' date='Oct 6 2008, 08:28 PM']Ah... I snoozed, I losed!

Hmmm, see above. The nice Spector is now gone, so cash isn't an imperative. :)[/quote]

Ah well fair enough, if you change your mind and do decide to put a figure on it let me know and we can go from there, cheers
Kev

I’d bloody love this, but I just can’t justify it at the moment. If my girlfriend saw another bass being delivered then she would actually lose her mind…(I’ve been trying to think if I’d be able to convince her that it’s the Thumb BO that I sold a month ago [I don’t think she’s worked out that I sold it – I didn’t tell her just in case…] :))

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='302364' date='Oct 8 2008, 05:22 PM']I’d bloody love this, but I just can’t justify it at the moment. If my girlfriend saw another bass being delivered then she would actually lose her mind…(I’ve been trying to think if I’d be able to convince her that it’s the Thumb BO that I sold a month ago [I don’t think she’s worked out that I sold it – I didn’t tell her just in case…] :huh:)[/quote]

I won't say anything if you don't! :)

Here's a bump for the Thumb, Warwickhunt.......

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='302364' date='Oct 8 2008, 05:22 PM']I’d bloody love this, but I just can’t justify it at the moment. If my girlfriend saw another bass being delivered then she would actually lose her mind…(I’ve been trying to think if I’d be able to convince her that it’s the Thumb BO that I sold a month ago [I don’t think she’s worked out that I sold it – I didn’t tell her just in case…] :huh:)[/quote]

[quote name='rjb' post='302549' date='Oct 8 2008, 09:26 PM']I won't say anything if you don't! :huh:

Here's a bump for the Thumb, Warwickhunt.......[/quote]

[quote name='molan' post='302655' date='Oct 8 2008, 11:59 PM']Can't beat Mr Hunt for a straight dealer on his basses & gear - I'm more than happy to vouch for him & when it comes to Warwicks he really knows his stuff :)[/quote]

Cheers guys.

Plenty of interest in the bass, though as yet 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for'.[size=1] (cue U2 lyrics)[/size]

I should have added that the bass will come fully set-up with new Warwick EMP strings and includes a Warwick, heavily padded, Bass Centre Gig-bag (not the usual Warwick bag, this one is Logo'd with 'The BC' and considerably thicker).

Alternatively for the right deal/sale (and to allay any fears of damage in transit), I'll keep the gig-bag and I'll purchase a new GATOR hardcase to ship the Thumb in.

A fair few interesting offers for trades and the odd feeler to buy but either I've been luke warm to the bass/cab/amp offered or the present uncertainty in the credit market has everyone watching their balances for the next few weeks. So a little weekend bump to see if anyone has anything out there?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='304290' date='Oct 11 2008, 08:49 AM']A fair few interesting offers for trades and the odd feeler to buy but either I've been luke warm to the bass/cab/amp offered or the present uncertainty in the credit market has everyone watching their balances for the next few weeks. So a little weekend bump to see if anyone has anything out there?[/quote]

warwicks not going for much these days, i'll give you £100 pounds. Let me know

regards

Mark
0800 11 11

[quote name='4 candles' post='305020' date='Oct 12 2008, 08:53 PM']warwicks not going for much these days, i'll give you £100 pounds. Let me know

regards

Mark
0800 11 11[/quote]

That's comedy gold right there!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Captain Bass' post='324187' date='Nov 7 2008, 01:42 PM']Ive got a streamer stage II thru 4 string, but its 2001....

Pics here - www.myspace.com/captainbass

or one on my BC profile

Andy[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Andy but I've got an early SSII and was hoping to get something that I don't already own.