Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bob Glaub [SOLD!]

mr_russ

Yep, it's the villex equipped bob glaub that's pretty much the village bicycle around here - although it's had a few months with me now ;D

I had an opportunity to gig it a month back at a covers gig but I enjoy playing my DJ5 so much I just went with that - as a result, it's just sitting at home.
It's a wicked bass - I only wish lakland made a 5 string version, I'd be on the lookout for one in a flash.

Rather than reuse previous owners pics - I'm going to take some of my own this evening.

I'm looking for a trade for a fretted 5 or 6 string, or a fretless 4/5/6 string - no idea what, although I'd quite like something modern and possibly humbucker equipped - a lakland 5501 would be perfect but I'm open to suggestions - a yamaha TRB6 would be cool aswell.

Open to offers trade wise with a value of around £500 - I could be persuaded to take one or two 1x12 cabs in a trade/part ex - or a markbass traveller 2x10
pics asap.

Russ

ps - I'm usually somewhere around egham, guildford, brighton, worthing or chichester.

-------------------------------------------------------

Here's the long overdue video demonstrating the electronics - firstly, the strings are brand new elites stadiums 40-100, lighter than my usual 45's they've not had chance to calm down and I've not bothered to sort the truss rod out to compensate for the lower tension - so forgive the w***y nature of the clip, I got carried away :)

It does sort of do the job though.

I start with the booster off and the tone rolled back a tiny bit, do a bit of fingerstyle and a bit of slap before going up to the next setting. I then turn the booster off and turn the mid shape to 50% followed by 100%, then 50% on mid shape and #2 on booster ... I think, can't really remember but you can hear the differences - I think it sounds excellent even with the zingy strings.

When they finally bring out a skyline 5 string glaub, I'm having one.

It sounds Tits M'Chicken with a pick aswell.

Edited by mr_russ

[quote name='Mike' post='296707' date='Oct 1 2008, 03:02 PM']Here it is.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26371"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26371[/url][/quote]
Funny, to me that doesn't look like the Lakland I remember!!

[quote name='mr_russ' post='297018' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:22 PM']a 5 string version would suit me down to the ground[/quote]

Five string Glaubs could well be a reality very soon. I hear that there are three US Glaub five-strings being made at the moment and if the demand is high enough they will make Skyline versions.

[quote name='Sean' post='297239' date='Oct 2 2008, 07:51 AM']Five string Glaubs could well be a reality very soon. I hear that there are three US Glaub five-strings being made at the moment and if the demand is high enough they will make Skyline versions.[/quote]

Tits

- has anyone got anything they fancy trading? I'm skint but fancy something new to play with - a six string sounds fun right now

I took this bass of Greenking and I guess started the passing around process.....

I can confirm that it's short life with me was a pleasure..... It's quick sale was "Due to no fault of his own" lovely neck, great sound, If I was after a P i'd take it back in an instant

ATB

Mark

[quote name='martthebass' post='297925' date='Oct 2 2008, 07:53 PM']Now lets not get giddy :)[/quote]

Indeed ;D
I was staunchly anti-warwick for a little while - but I've played a few good ones now (and lots of crap ones) and have realised the error of my ways...nearly.

I really like the streamer stage 1 5 string - but they're a little out of my budget and I'd rather buy an SR5 for slightly less.

A lakland 5501 right now would be top