Why become a member? ×

CIJ P bass, Vicious/Simenon stylee - *SOLD*

Clarky

Edited after putting back up FS:

Having bought Prosebass' Simonon-alike, I am putting up FS my 1990s CIJ Fender Precision 1970 RI in aged (gone creamy) white with black p'guard. I have modded it with addition of Badass II bridge, SD Quarter-Pounder pickup and its strung with TI flats. Its sounds really rock, plays like butter and looks seriously punk. Little bit of mojo but that adds to the appeal IMHO

£375 inc generic hard case and postage

If picked up and soft case, £325

Cash only as too many basses!

Edited by Clarky

i dont think the value of it would be raised too much by mods, people like things original, unless you still have the original parts?? if so, refit those and sell the badass and quarter pounder seperate, your are guranteed to make more
how much did you buy it for originally?

[quote name='Clarky' post='293999' date='Sep 28 2008, 05:02 PM']I sold the original p/u on Basschat and (I think) the bridge too so can't put it back to original (although I do have a spare MIA Fender P bridge).

Think I paid a little over £300-off eBay (was imported from Japan so had to pay duties) and the mods cost >£100 (Badass c£40, SD Q-P c£70)[/quote]

I've been looking for a white Sid style P-Bass so I'd be interested.
Maybe we could come to an arrangement?

[quote name='noirpunk' post='294024' date='Sep 28 2008, 05:38 PM']Looks nice.
PM me with what you have in mind :)[/quote]
Hi noirpunk, think your comment might have been posted at same time as my post immediately above - TBH I enjoy playing it so much that if I don't get offers in that range I will keep it and have another crack at selling my Rick

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while now (presuming it's the one with an alder body and US vintage pickup originally) - I actually had one on hold at Ishibashi for a week before I decided I needed to save the money for a new camera. If this had had the stock pickup then I may well have changed my mind!

Edited by Quatschmacher

[quote name='Clarky' post='294068' date='Sep 28 2008, 06:44 PM']As it happens I do have a spare MIA P pickup (from my 2002 MIA P-bass, I swapped it for a DiMarzio). Trouble is I don't really want to de-solder Quarter Pounder and solder that in, not sure I trust myself to do that. Maybe you could do it and send me back the Quarter Pounder? Just a thought

PS, the original pickup in the bass was a Japanese stock P pickup.

PPS, I also have the bridge from my MIA 2002 P bass if this would be preferred (again I swapped that for a Badass)[/quote]
Oops just checked the specs of the CIJ 1970 RI and discovered the stock p/u was in fact a US vintage -damn, I sold it for a song on the Forum :)

Here are the specs of the current CIJ 70RI from Guitar Emporium

Fender Japan 1970 Re-issue Precision Bass with US Vintage Pickups. Lighter weight Alder Body and slimmer neck.
PB70-US £599.00
Left Handed model available.
PB70-US/LH £699.00

Colour: Olympic White

Body Alder Controls 1 x vol, 1 x tone
Neck Maple U -shape 432mm Scale Switches None
Fretboard Rosewood 184mm (7.5") radius Bridge Spiral Vintage
Frets 20 Vintage Tuners Standard P-Bass
Nut width 40mm Hardware Chrome
Pickups USA Vintage P-Bass Pickguard 3-ply Black 3-ply White (CPO, SBL)

new pics (sorry, bit grainy as using my daughter's cheapo digital camera)

[attachment=14271:to_be_deleted_015.JPG]

[attachment=14270:to_be_deleted_014.JPG]

PS I have just sold my Rick 4001 on eBay so not under any pressure to sell this now, but will sell if offered £375 + pp

Edited by Clarky

Guest BassKS

hey Quatschmaker....

I can sell you a MIJ '62 RI (made in 91) P pup.... I just had mine replaced witha PJ EMGs, i know i know but I need a workhorse that will do everything and look traditional.

pup can be yours for 25 quid posted.

[quote name='Raggy' post='298308' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:25 AM']Bloody 'ell Clarky. If only this was for sale last week, I've just ordered a new one.

Have a Bump for a cool looking bass. :)[/quote]
Thanks Raggy - it is cool and, having just sold a Rick for more than twice the price I've been after for this bass, I am under no pressure to sell any more (Mrs Clarky placated!).

In fact, I think I will withdraw this from sale in a few days if noone steps forward as its a cracking gigging bass and maybe better suited to the shabbier venues we play than my 'posher' (ie pricier) MIA basses

[quote name='BassKS' post='298199' date='Oct 3 2008, 12:34 AM']hey Quatschmaker....

I can sell you a MIJ '62 RI (made in 91) P pup.... I just had mine replaced witha PJ EMGs, i know i know but I need a workhorse that will do everything and look traditional.

pup can be yours for 25 quid posted.[/quote]

That's very kind of you. I have however ordered a new camera and am broke again. :)

• 3 months later...

Having bought Prosebass' Simonon-alike, I am putting back up FS my 1990s CIJ Fender Precision 1970 RI in aged (gone creamy) white with black p'guard. I have modded it with addition of Badass II bridge, SD Quarter-Pounder pickup and its strung with TI flats. Its sounds really rock, plays like butter and looks seriously punk. Little bit of mojo but that adds to the appeal IMHO

£375 inc generic hard case and postage

If picked up and soft case, £325

Cash only as too many basses!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='375182' date='Jan 9 2009, 02:30 PM']F*ck you, I just prommised the missus no more basses, are you trying to get my single?

Bloody Arsenal fans :P[/quote]
Well Spurs are well known for blowing large amounts of cash ;)

Edited by Clarky

Some new photos - wanted to make sure any possible buyer sees this is not show room condition - unlike my 2008 MIA P bass, also FS (here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36586"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36586[/url] ) - and that there is some 'mojo' from its years of gigging (esp at bottom edge corner)

[attachment=18397:clarky_basses_014.JPG][attachment=18398:clarky_basses_013.JPG][attachment=18399:cl
arky_basses_012.JPG][attachment=18400:clarky_basses_015.JPG][attachment=18401:clarky_basses_017.JPG]
[attachment=18402:clarky_basses_016.JPG][attachment=18403:clarky_basses_011.JPG]

PS, I have the original bridge if you prefer but not the original pick-up

Edited by Clarky