Why become a member? ×

SOLD Farida FPB-8M Precision bass
£230

ead

For sale is my Farida ‘precision’ bass. These basses were commissioned by Mansons and were built in the same factory that builds the Squier CV series. As such this represents a well build and great value P bass alternative.

[b]Construction: [/b]
Body Wood – Probably Basswood but might be Alder not 100% certain tbh
Neck – Maple with a Jazz profile, I measure the nut at c.37mm
Fingerboard – Maple with 20 vintage style frets
Scale length - 34"
White/black/white pickguard

The custom-made black/cream/black pickguard from Jack’s Instrument services can be included in the sale.

[b]Electronics:[/b]
Farida P type pickup and volume tone controls.

A Fender US P pickup and a Kiogon sourced harness can be included.

[b]History: [/b]
I acquired the bass in January as part of a trade on the forum. I had heard good things about and briefly played one a while back. Safe to say I was very impressed with the bass to the extent that I decided to upgrade a few of the parts and get a new pickguard that I felt suited the bass more. It will cause me no pain at all to keep it should it not sell!

The neck is nice and straight and very nice to play on. The action is set lowish. There are a couple of small blemishes here and there as I have tried to show in the pictures.

[b]Weight/ergonomics: [/b]
The bass weighs in at a around 8.6lbs according to my bathroom scales. It is a very nicely balanced instrument both on lap and strap making it very comfortable to play. The neck is fantastic, slim like a jazz neck and very comfortable to move around on.

[b]Sound: [/b]
With the new bits very smooth, the classic P bass sound..

[b]Strings: [/b]
Currently strung with D’Addario nickel-wound strings.

[b]Case/bag: [/b]
The bass comes with a good quality Fender tweed style padded gig bag.

[b]Sale price and collection/delivery options:[/b]

Option 1 – All original Farida FPB-8M for [b]£150[/b]
Option 2 – As above with custom pickguard [b]£190[/b]
Option 3 – With all upgrades (custom pickguard, Fender US pickup, Kiogon harness) [b]£230[/b]
All prices collected from my house in Chorley (near M6/M62/M65).

I am also happy to meet up or deliver within a reasonable range; please PM me to discuss possibilities. Delivery to your door using UPS or similar can be organised (at cost), although I would by far prefer to arrange personal delivery/exchange if at all possible.

[b]My feedback:[/b]
Please see the links in my sig. below.

Thanks for your interest. If you need any more pictures or any more details please drop me a PM and I’ll do my best to give you a comprehensive response.

[b]Trades:[/b]
Happy to consider similar value fretless 4-string basses.

Some pictures of the original bass and the upgrades as currently fitted. These are relatively low resolution but I have the original hi res pictures if required:

Edited by ead